Shocking site, Please read!

Serum

VIP Junglist
Has anyone looked at www.jetgroove.com
They're trying to sell mp3s from shitloads of big name dnb, and plenty of unsigned without permission.

They claim to be in the UK but I doubt that they actually are. Just thought I'd spread the word so anyone visiting this board can check if their stuff is up there.

This site has got to go!

Most the dnb is listed as blues on there
Still wack that they have it all listed when they don't have licenses for any of it

I've seen some Nightwalker tracks up on there, and I know Nightwalker hasn't given his permission to go up on that site, so I'm betting it's almost definitely not legitimate.

The fact that a lot of the tracks are labeled as blues would also lead me to think that perhaps whoever's running the site is trying to flog loads of streamripped mp3s from somewhere like bassdrive... Now that, while being goddamn cheeky, WOULD be funny to see.

Just thought I'd note these two things:

Legal issues
If you are a record label or independent artist and have some questions related to legal issues, please do not hesitate to contact us at legal@jetgroove.com.

Partnership
Jetgroove is always looking for new partners, so if you are record label or independent artist and would like to see your music on our website, please send us all your questions to partners@jetgroove.com.

All correspondence should be sent to
Jetgroove, LLP
Regent House,
316 Beulah Hill,
London SE19 3HF,
United Kingdom

That means they fall within UK copyright law. Should be interesting to see what kind of dim view trading standards takes on this situation, because even if they're actually purchasing the vinyls and CDs that these songs come on, as they're duplicating the tracks from their original copy and not selling the original, they're thereby not passing on artist royalties and as such could be in line for a WHALLOPING payout to every single artist of whom a record has been sold by them.

I'd like to ring them up, posing as a producer from a label and quiz them a bit about their "licensing" methods. Very interesting. I might pretend to be Nightwalker if he lets me :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom