shithop - [breaks]

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by dj_freakshow, Jun 15, 2012.

1. dj_freakshow

dj_freakshow Member

my first attempt at breaks, not sure how it comes across... any feedback welcome :)

2. IV4

IV4 Currently a newt.

Do you remember the 90's? I am diggin' the drums arounf 140. The sub bass seems to be sitting nice with the drums too. At about 2:12 I think it gets better. I hate your leads. All around your individual loops are ok but need more variations. I would also drop your leads and re-write them.

3. nusphere

nusphere Member

Kool, very Prodigy-esc! love the break and especially the hats... was about to say you need a change in the drums then they changed about half way cool. Not sure if the false ending quite works perhaps a percussive filtered dub delay would work with this to make it more dramatic.

4. dj_freakshow

dj_freakshow Member

thanks for commenting. While i agree the lead isn't perfect i don't want to drop it completely, would rather work on it until it sounds right. Not sure how to go about it though.. i do remember the 90s.. lol

5. dj_freakshow

dj_freakshow Member

thanks! though very much doubt it's prodigy-like lol ^^ will see what i can come up with later..

6. Silent Impact

Silent Impact Member

cool! sounds oldskool

7. dj_freakshow

dj_freakshow Member