shit tracks

co0ke

windowlicker
VIP Junglist
fucked post: do you feel that the more you 'know' about writing tracks the shitter you think your tracks are?

Yeah, all my tracks are shit, except the one I'm working on now. That's awesome. Until the morning tomorrow when I get up it's going to be shit like the rest.

I've learnt quite a lot in the last year, I just need to get faster so I can get stuff done without getting bored with it.

Last edited:
ive known my ''tracks'' are shit since i first started nearly 3 years ago now, nothings changed, i think if you like your track a whole lot and your pretty new then yeah you got a lot to learn, simplest way is to listen to your tune, then a pro one, and then cry and get depressed and cut yourself

I know a little sumthin sumthin about production -- nothing to boast among kings but I feel that way. I start to think that my songs are just skeletons of what I intended, even though I put on screen exactly what I intended when I wrote them.

most tracks i make theres usually one element i really liked in it, and thats what im proud of, whether its drums or an overall warm bouncy feeling, but its usually by accident, i cant translate ideas from my head to the screen, and i dont try anymore, i just go with the flow..

i had this problem aswell man i think u just cant get too bored with producing, like dont sit there for too long

Actually coOke, what are you talking about? Your tracks are not shit.

Thing is, this producing thing is like swimming in the ocean. The stronger you get, the further out you go, the more you realise you're in a great big fuckin' ocean that never ends, the smaller you feel, or something...... :)

alot of truth been said in this thread. any of you ever make something you think has potential, then soon as you show your mates you suddenly hear every flaw in it

i think youre right actually, my mate is completely loopy and got into writing rock tracks with cubase a little while ago and hes copywriting his tracks and hes really worried about somebody stealing his work and heres the thing, his tracks are so shit and noob you have no idea, but he doesnt know that. i see it with a lot of beginners, there is a phase after the first couple of songs when you feel like you figured it all out whereas after many years of writing music the most you can say you know is that you dont know anything which is kind of disconcerting, in a zen sort of way

Guess that that is what its making so hard to make music in general.

but, I also wonder if the big titles out there also feel this way about it .. ? (maybe?)

spor was on different online music communities but i didnt pay him any attention until he remixed a track by this guy called fallout. but i think a lot of his early work has been available online

yea im pretty sure everyone started out with shit tunes, only place to start really. would def quite fun to hear alot of the big names first tunes and see where they all started. also alot of big big names start by working with people who have been doing it for some time. you learn so much more in producing by studying the way someone better does their producing. take their techniques on board and then implement them when making tracks your own way.

i don't like alot of my tracks cos they always too repetative, not as intricate or complicated, as well arranged etc etc etc as what they could be (and they probably arent, im still new to this)
one thing that annoys me is when (cos i use reason) i see a big producer who's used reason, or if i see any other producers tracks on their sequencer, and i see all the channels and all the slight changes and stuff and i think, how the fuck has he fit all that in there? kinda makes me feel inadiquite when i see my 12 channels or something lol... but then i hared S.P.Y on the interview with bailey, and riffraff only has 7 channels and is one of my favourite tracks id never get tired of hearing out.
I know its kinda wrong and u shouldnt aspire to be other people and their work (different from taking infuelnce and admiring) but sometimes if ur kinda of in that "mind frame" i just think... shit why do i bother, lol.

But, ill keep trying and soldiering on and doing my own thing, im sure ill get there eventualy haha

It just needs a hook, the reason riff raff only has 7 tracks is probs cos they may have bounced down the entire drum track to one for the final mixdown. i guarentee if u had all the building blocks layed out on each track as they built it, there would be a lot more tracks, atleast i hope there is. but then i guess its always quality and not quantity. maybe they were able to make the tune with only 7 tracks, but the drums and the bass work so well together that adding too many more elements may muddy up the sound. i dunno mate, but each to there own, make tracks how u like making tracks and take inspiration from the ways others make tracks.

instead of making a new thread ill hi jack this one.

if you wanna make a tune like.... for example, nowhere - icicle.

is the sub bass in a didfferent channel to the bass? or in tunes like this are the sub bass an bass left together?

hope you get what i mean..

Back
Top Bottom