Shit a brick I'm stumped!

Discussion in 'Production' started by Mr Fletch, May 13, 2015.

1. Mr Fletch

Mr Fletch aka KRONIX

I've always ripped vocal audio snippets off youtube via audacity to use in my tracks. However, since upgrading and building my studio, adding a well needed audio interface (Focusrite Scarlett 2i4) I am baffled at how to record internal audio? for some reason I cant get anything to come through? I mean, I can hear the audio from the tube, and ive checked audacity is set to stereo mix (although I fear this may need to change because of the interface) yet I draw a blank every time.

Anyone lend a helping hand on this one?

2. saganspirit

saganspirit Member

3. MARKLAR

MARKLAR International Tracksuit Salesman

not sure how to go about fixing that
    but you could just use a youtube ripper and cut the sample out from that?

4. Prideinyouride

Prideinyouride Member

Either YouTube to MP3 converter, failing that I used a patch lead and created a loop using the speaker outputs of my scarlett to the inputs then turned the output off on my record track. That's worked once or twice with a few fuck ups along the way, not ideal but will get you out of trouble.

5. DjCartel

DjCartel Well-Known Member

i had this exact problem when i got my saffire. If i remember correctly, disable the focusrite and enable the realtek or whatever the original you used was, do the recording then swithc back. I seem to remember it being a total ball ache

6. Outway

Outway Member

Yep it's definitely possible. I set the output to be my normal soundcard rather than my Focusrite and the recording to be the stereo mix (what you hear).