Sheer Kahn - Casualty

i like nice an bouncy.
i like them sketchy vocals too!
not 2 sure bout the snare sounds a little like hittin a barrel or sumfin.
overall good work tho.

Intros pretty boring, needs a little more dimension to it, a pad of something?

bassline pretty tight, nice variation to it, but the drums let the track down, theyre too thin, you need to eq each drum hit, lift the midranges, sharpen the highs etc. the sub needs bringing up as well.

good progression to the track tho, kept me interested.

Cheers mate.

I havent really mixed this track at all yet (i'm terrible at mixdowns).

I'll take your input into consideration when I have a go :teeth:

Alright fella. listening to your tune now. Agree with Jay about the intro and the drums but still a very addictive little tune. This is a production thread so listeners will have a very scepticle ear because we all make tunes as well. Thats cool and needed to improve. I think if i was at a phat rave and this tune came on i would get up and stomp me tits off. Im very picky about wot i like as well. So take whatever advice Jay and others can give but dont change it too much mate. Sweet tune.
Peace!

Had a listen now man, tune sounds good, like the arrangement and the bass... Basically, listen to what Jay is saying! I'd say layer some more snares with different frequencies to beef it up a bit, and compress the kick and snares a bit more to make them more punchy! Also, I'd probably layer some high eq'd flanging bass on top of the wobble to add a bit more depth and variety... Sounding alright though, keep it up!

:sixty_nin

Back
Top Bottom