Share your Logic tips here.

TongueFlap

Flappin'
VIP Junglist
The Logic thread (From production problems to basic tips)

Any Problems/Tips/Ideas pop them in here.

Cheers, to Fes for the sticky.

Now us Logic users have a home.

Last edited:
Here is one - For loading audio samples quickly into a new audio track; Press Apple + Shift + I or drag and drop straight from Itunes. :)

Not really a tip but it helps.

Arrange your channels in order and give each group a symbol.
e.g drum channel with a drum kit and sub channel with a bass guitar.

With my drums aswell as i have many layers I arrange from high to low, so for example i will have my snappy snare near the top and a lowpassed snare underneath it or on the right on the mixer.

But yeah when your arrangement is tidy I find you work better.

Not really a tip but it helps.

Arrange your channels in order and give each group a symbol.
e.g drum channel with a drum kit and sub channel with a bass guitar.

With my drums aswell as i have many layers I arrange from high to low, so for example i will have my snappy snare near the top and a lowpassed snare underneath it or on the right on the mixer.

But yeah when your arrangement is tidy I find you work better.

To someone new to logic a shortcut is a tip :)
yeh man, i never though about using symbols for groups.
I always change the colour of the tracks.

i am still reacquainting with logic, my last version was emagic's. i will certainly be hanging out here...

i do know some secrets from back in the day, i will post them as they come back to me.

Please keep this stuck! Nice to see a little wealth of Logic tips building up here. I'm still pretty terrible at it so I don't have anything to offer right now, but thanks to all those who are posting :2thumbs:

whatsup everyone, I'm new to producing as well as logic and i was wondering if anyone could help me out. I was reading somewhere about producing DnB and it said:

"1. Set the tempo (speed)of your sequencer to 170 BPM(ish)"
and
"2. Assuming you have a 4/4 bar of music, adjust the sensitivity of your sequencer/drum machine (i.e. Reason, Logic Audio) to 16. This means that each "beat" in the bar (i.e. where you count 1-2-3-4) will be broken into 4 pieces. Write a Bass (Kick) drum on the first and eleventh beat within the bar. "

those were just two of the tips, my question is, how do you set the tempo with logic? And what does that second part mean, and how would you do it? I'm a little confused .
thanks

whatsup everyone, I'm new to producing as well as logic and i was wondering if anyone could help me out. I was reading somewhere about producing DnB and it said:

"1. Set the tempo (speed)of your sequencer to 170 BPM(ish)"
and
"2. Assuming you have a 4/4 bar of music, adjust the sensitivity of your sequencer/drum machine (i.e. Reason, Logic Audio) to 16. This means that each "beat" in the bar (i.e. where you count 1-2-3-4) will be broken into 4 pieces. Write a Bass (Kick) drum on the first and eleventh beat within the bar. "

those were just two of the tips, my question is, how do you set the tempo with logic? And what does that second part mean, and how would you do it? I'm a little confused .
thanks

i have only touched logic once but i can help u a little bit,

the tempo should be automatically set to 120.000bpm at the bottom of the main window, u just change the 120 to 170.

and the second part means they want 16 drum hits in every bar, altho you can have a beat thats 8 hits a bar sound very good aswell, drum and bass usually has very quick drums so they are saying how many drum hits will be in every bar.

i made some loops wav files how would i get them in logic

create a new audio track, click on it. press apple+shift+I, browes for the loop, press ok and it will appear in logic.

orrrr.... you could load it in itunes and drag and drop into logic

Back
Top Bottom