Share Your Gem's Thread

great thread! heres my contribution:

dat synth!

i have goosebumps everytime i hear this tune.

i found this through the psy-dnb-thread, one of the best tunes i've ever heard in terms of atmosphere.

all wonderful tracks, yet so unknown.

Last edited by a moderator:
Another one for the list
This one is pretty unknown... and even for the ones who know it, it doesn't get played out much because... well it's an absolute bitch to mix.
It's measured in odd "timing" (not the right word, it's timing is still in 4/4, but you'll get what I mean), so it's pretty unpredictable. Instead of being in sections of 4, 8, or 16 measures... it's done in sections of 3, 6, and 12...
It's bizarre but it works.

Also, huge vibes... it has this nasty little bass flutter that sounds absolutely manic.

Again, YouTube kind of crushed the quality (the low end sounds like it has far less range), but it's as good as you can get.
To listen to the full quality version, it's a free download tune from TamRecords, check out their free song section on the website.

A personal fav I got cut to dubplate as I didn't want a 33 rpm version of it. Only heard Rockwell play it once on one of his shows

DJ Food - Dark Lady (Alix Perez Remix)

also got this cut to dubplate too

Alix Perez - Hemlines (feat Sabre)

Paradox - Too Dissimilar

Banaczech - Zlin & Back

Future Passed - Searchin For A Beat

Let's revive this thread :)

This one's a freebie from a really promising young producer you've probably heard about in connection to one of his dubs being bigged up by Kasra

This is a proper dirty sounding techy roller, something I'd like to hear more often but it gets pushed out by the mechanically clean production techniques

And the last one, one of the most amazing tunes I've heard lately and found by accident, brilliant nostalgic-sounding liquid tune with a great sub-bass

Really really really love Fred V & Grafix's remix of "Hush Little Baby" by Wretch 32. Their production strengthens the emotions conveyed by the lyrics a lot.

^ tune...loving the intro on that.

a few that spring to mind. all 90s era, on the chilled out mellow tip

also this tune by krust which seems to have flown under the radar. best thing he's ever done imo

This would be one of mine. Never heard it out, and only ever heard it in one mix from an established DJ, and that was last year....

Martino feat Sacha- Piece of Heaven (DJ Zinc Deepa Mix)

Back
Top Bottom