Shamelessly begging for attention

SmallVictoriez

Teen Pop Sensation
VIP Junglist
Glad to join the biggest drum and bass community anywhere... Living in Texas I don't quite get exposed to anyone who knows what the genre even is.

In fact, I didn't know what the hell the genre was until about two years back... Browsing the web I came across a show on radio 1 & fell in love instantly. After listening religiously for about 9 months I decided I'd go and buy some software and try my hand at mixing, one thing leads to another, I buy a Numark DDS system and now looking forward to my first real set of decks.

Finally getting to the point where I ... kinda know what I'm doing. Hoping to pick up quite a few pointers here, and especially wanting to share my works as I've got NOBODY except my open minded brother to willingly listen thus far.. D&B is alien to the locals.

One last thing to mention, registered about two days ago under the name SmallVictories, never got an activation email.. Apologies to the administrators, tried contacting someone but just gave up and re-registered. :confused:

Welcome man.
Obligatory ye haww :D

Out of all the DnB forums on the net, you've probably chosen teh best one for tips and advice.

I'd suggest the DJ's and turntablism sub forum for all your needs on what decks/mixers/cables/headphones to buy once you get round to getting the stuff. :)

Obligatory ye haww :D
Pfft.. Houston is just about as urban as you can get heh.

I'd suggest the DJ's and turntablism sub forum for all your needs on what decks/mixers/cables/headphones to buy once you get round to getting the stuff. :)

Definitely, I'm thinking the best idea is to go for some top notch stuff, set myself up for good.. Just an issue of a couple more paychecks for now.

hi tex, :wave:

i just joined up today too..

how do you like your dnb - light'n'jazz or deep'n'dark ?

..just curious.:rinsed:

2 sugars and a bit of cream - not too light, not too dark. All sorts really.

Thoroughly identify with the urban and jump up stuff though, grew up a massive hip-hop fan.

Welcome to you too.

Back
Top Bottom