Shall we talk about C&S some more??

RocksteadyUK

SkimoBeats
VIP Junglist
So.... three threads running strong.... thought id start a 4th....

So Chase & Status??

Are they REALLY! that good??

Production... top notch in my opinion.... probably has something todo with having the best mastering engineers in this business over at RAM.....

Tunes..... not always that good..... a very high % of good tunes compared to most....

What are your opinions....??

their flavour of the month!
c&s have always killed it! and it does help being on RAM!
they wer BAAAAAD at ram in july!

Yeah I'm so, so into these guys at the moment...

Momentum has been gathering pace steadily and has reached near hysteria levels now, I don't reckon that's down to chance...

They've got a great sound and have worked hard to diversify their sound away from the straight up low end business of tunes like duppy man.

They're killing it in DnB, Dubstep, and now a bit of other stuff too - They're so versatile I can't see what's gonna hold them back, and what with the radio play their tunes are getting I can see the album making a being a minor underground hit...

Y'know they remind me of to mid period Pendulum - when they were still good and we were lapping up every release as soon as we could get our grubby mitts on them... We certainly aint seen this level of interest in anyone since then...

I think they ARE that good right now, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they STAY that good... I hope they stay in DnB and bring people from the mainstream into DnB rather than leave DnB to go meet people in the mainstream...

Y'know they remind me of to mid period Pendulum - when they were still good and we were lapping up every release as soon as we could get our grubby mitts on them... We certainly aint seen this level of interest in anyone since then...

I think they ARE that good right now, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they STAY that good... I hope they stay in DnB and bring people from the mainstream into DnB rather than leave DnB to go meet people in the mainstream...

nothing but net!
haha

The mastering suite over at ram has very little to do with it, its more down to them in the studio, ive seen videos from computer music mag, and they know exactly how to mix a track down.

true there have been one or two tunes that havent been great, but these guys have proved they are up there with the best with there anthems (duppyman, in love) can go from light rollin vibesy tunes, to utter filth like the hardware/barcode stuff. oh an they can knock out a wicked remix (dizzie, plan b, shy fx).

So my answer is a defo yes, they are that bloody good! :inlove:

So.... three threads running strong.... thought id start a 4th....

So Chase & Status??

Are they REALLY! that good??

Production... top notch in my opinion.... probably has something todo with having the best mastering engineers in this business over at RAM.....

Tunes..... not always that good..... a very high % of good tunes compared to most....

What are your opinions....??

The mastering suite over at ram has very little to do with it, its more down to them in the studio, ive seen videos from computer music mag, and they know exactly how to mix a track down.

true there have been one or two tunes that havent been great, but these guys have proved they are up there with the best with there anthems (duppyman, in love) can go from light rollin vibesy tunes, to utter filth like the hardware/barcode stuff. oh an they can knock out a wicked remix (dizzie, plan b, shy fx).

So my answer is a defo yes, they are that bloody good! :inlove:

yeh i agree..... they are VERY good.... their mix-downs are brilliant.... ive seen the same video i think??

Ive had an eye on them since they started to push out alot of tunes a while back....

@Greg.... yeh mate agree with that too.... they do remind me of Pendulum when they were banging out good tracks..... the major differenc though..... is that C&S dont have a "winning" formulae i dont think...... what i mean by this.... is that certain sound..... then certain beats and that certain structure that is sure to get them a big release......... Pendulum had this.... they capatilised on it and started droppin......... I dont think C&S have found this yet..... but when they do i really hope they dont take the same path.....

i just hope they do what you said.... bring people to the scene and not try and bring themwelves to the people.....

four threads for chase and status and they didn't even make machete* you'd think they'd remixed it or something though surely

They are great...

Thing i like about them is their diversity and creativity. Some of the best producers in the UK at the moment within the 'urban' scene...let alone dnb. would like to see them get the recognitioon they deserve over the next two years...

You never know what to expect from their new projects... which is not something you can say about 99% of formulaic producers in dnb.

i like them because they dont produce just one sub genre of dnb, they do it all.

the 6 tunes that they've released this month can please almost any dnb head, they've even killed dubstep lol.

i just think its a pitty that its so hard to get a promo from them. they sell out in less than 1 day.

EDIT: Just read greg and lokki's posts. they hit the nail right on the head!!

Last edited:
grabbed pieces on promo bout a week ago and its asick tune. same with eastern jam. not had alot of listening time with the lp or ep whatever they just released. give it a go over the next few days. all sounds promising tho so all good (y)

what do you think of them as DJs rather than producers? I've only seen em twice, once they were awesome and once they were okay

Theyre fucking sickkkkkkkk.

Produced so many tunes recently and 90% have been incredible.

i like them because they dont produce just one sub genre of dnb, they do it all.

the 6 tunes that they've released this month can please almost any dnb head, they've even killed dubstep lol.

i just think its a pitty that its so hard to get a promo from them. they sell out in less than 1 day.

EDIT: Just read greg and lokki's posts. they hit the nail right on the head!!

Bingo I think ive missed about 4 chances of getting this and every time it slips threw my fingers.......you know sometimes I hate being a vinyl junkie :shake:

They're big at the minute so it'd be absolute madness not to talk about them! You can't ignore them!
They've always been good producers but at the moment they're just on fire. All this stuff must've been in the pipe line for a while though.
I'm happy they're on the radio & stuff. I love hearing good music on the radio!
When I've seen them they've always been on top form as well, they play alot of thier own stuff but if you were them you would wouldn't you?!
So yeah, lets talk about them some more because they're great, thier diversity is wicked & the appeal to alot of people, not just D&B heads or peopl into dubstep!
And 'Is It Worth It' = :inlove: SOOOOO GOOD!!!!

So much hype around these two at the moment, and rightly so.
Got the EP today, every tune is amazing.
Can't wait to hear the full album.

I'd probably like them a lot more if they didn't keep making the same 4 tunes over and over. the ballad -see: loves theme,i got love rmx, in love, hurt you, take me away. Half step reggae - Duppy man Hot Wuk rmx Dumpling Riddim. Half Step tunes in general and dancefloor garbage i.e. sell me your soul & druids

I'm not knocking them in production value but more in the contents of their writing. Plus i'm a bigger fan of their earlier works. Just wish BC weren't so freakin lazy and held on to em.

If anything i'll wait till the full release of the album on digital and choose from there. Not worth the vinyl to me.

Last edited:
C + S + Plan B

I know that they did one fucking insane tune with plan B,

cant remember the name of it but fire it into youtube and it should come up.

Back
Top Bottom