Shall i get this? (computer)

i see no one is answering - frustrating...i would love to help but i don't know about PCs or cubase, reason, or ableton. you will need to be sure your operating system can use all 4GB, i know some versions of windows cannot.

Yea man that is a super safe choice.

Built to fit in a rack too ! Someone is thinking ahead.

Its got pretty much the same guts as my PC Workstation i built at home.

Just make sure not to be running processor hogs like (MSN) while doing audio work - and you should have no problems at all.

And for the record - i am using Vista Home Premium and i have had no issues at all - but you should see if you can get them to throw in a free upgrade to Windows 7 ;)

Yea man that is a super safe choice.

Built to fit in a rack too ! Someone is thinking ahead.

Its got pretty much the same guts as my PC Workstation i built at home.

Just make sure not to be running processor hogs like (MSN) while doing audio work - and you should have no problems at all.

And for the record - i am using Vista Home Premium and i have had no issues at all - but you should see if you can get them to throw in a free upgrade to Windows 7 ;)

there will be absolutly no msn on there (or any internet for that matter) i will not connect it to the internet because i dont want it to get fucked up, i have my laptop for that.

There is another option for me to go for aswell, but a little expensive, is it worth paying more money for this one?

http://www.inta-audio.com/computer-music-c36/music-pcs-c37/intel-x4r-pro-music-pc-p5

there both good choices dusty.

xp will only ever use 3gb of RAM unless your running 64bit windows, but that is enough for sure. you can get good deals from Maplins and build your own with just a screwdriver...

what you think about this:

AMD Quad core
Motherboard Bundle: £169 (Including 2gb RAM & heat sink fan) + on board graphics (takes up to 16gb RAM)

Case with fans: £40
700w PSU £45
Samsung DVD Burner £40
seagate 250gb HD £40

all you need then is copy of XP Pro, load all your programs and your off

of course you could pay more for things like firewire, bigger hardrives ect but you get them as n when you need em.

Last edited:
the more pricy one must have a type o "2500Gb of Hard Disk Storage" if that's correct its totally worth the extra $$, as the other one only comes with 250gb Storage.

the more pricy one must have a type o "2500Gb of Hard Disk Storage" if that's correct its totally worth the extra $$, as the other one only comes with 250gb Storage.

yeh defo going to get the more expensive one, cant wait, just gotta save for 2 more weeks then it will be all mine lol

cheers for the advice guys, much appreciated

I was thinking that. As long as that aint a typo. That is a fucking tank, you shouldn't ever need any more!

Oh and I'm liking how both PC's are rackmounted, that's just awesome :not_worth

Back
Top Bottom