% SHAKEDOWN %

ok song. you can see you have the basics, in my opinion i would guess your using flstudio... im not sure but im pretty sure u use a preset on a synth quite early on... i havent used it for ages so i could be wrong. lemme say 2 things i think would help you, firstly get a better programme, i use cuebase, its an awsome tool. also id say look for a spectrum analyser or however you spell it... that should help you be able to get your basslines sitting in the right frequancy range. lemme kno if that made sence... safe :)

ok song. you can see you have the basics, in my opinion i would guess your using flstudio... im not sure but im pretty sure u use a preset on a synth quite early on... i havent used it for ages so i could be wrong. lemme say 2 things i think would help you, firstly get a better programme, i use cuebase, its an awsome tool. also id say look for a spectrum analyser or however you spell it... that should help you be able to get your basslines sitting in the right frequancy range. lemme kno if that made sence... safe :)

theres no presets used. the synth work is done in massive, zeta and sytrus. Yeah am using FL, please could you explain more about why the bassline is in the wrong frquency range, am not sayin its is by any means am jus curious about exactly what benefits a spectrum analyser would give me and why and how can you tell the b-line isnt in the right frequency range. basically everything done this end is by ear.

ty Dan

It's alright for a first go. No sure about the 3 breakdowns but maybe you will work on that, or maybe that's your style, I dunno.

It sounds fine, but I'm a complete amateur so I know no more than you do, but keep it up, you're on the right track. (y)

i like it, and that synth in the intro is an FL preset 100%. Cubase is a brill tool, realy lets you get inside the music but lacks a certain feel. I use reason, which is fuckin doing my head in. I'm just gonna storm logic around christmas time. Until then, i'm going to decypher every bit of reason possible ;). The way i see it, is all programs basicly do the same thing. It's your ears which are special.

Good track none the less, i say that theres a freq running through the main synth bass after the drop, a twangy sort of one which sounds good, but good do it with 'dimming' and the bambatta's been used again ;). Nice work mate i like it!

right lets jus get things straight.........

1st this aint my first tune by a long way i dont know where peeps are getting that from

and 2nd that aint a preset its made in massive. it sounds like a preset but its not its jus similiar.

thanks for listening though

Last edited:
i like it, and that synth in the intro is an FL preset 100%. Cubase is a brill tool, realy lets you get inside the music but lacks a certain feel. I use reason, which is fuckin doing my head in. I'm just gonna storm logic around christmas time. Until then, i'm going to decypher every bit of reason possible ;). The way i see it, is all programs basicly do the same thing. It's your ears which are special.

Good track none the less, i say that theres a freq running through the main synth bass after the drop, a twangy sort of one which sounds good, but good do it with 'dimming' and the bambatta's been used again ;). Nice work mate i like it!

I was using reason aswell its a good tool, and is easier to use, and i know how you can rewire it to work with cuebase.
the best thing in my mind about Reason was Thor, i made a synth agesss ago which sounded sooo similar to the one in international sound or in some of Dillinjas new Releses. im finding it nearly impossible to recreate it now. I just prefere Cuebase now becasue u can use Wav samples to construct your beat. which i found made my beats sound bigger. but like u say all synths do the same thing its just down to the user... like i kno 1 artist who uses Reason and thats Logisitics.
Most of the other ppl i kno who make dnb i listen to use cubase or native instruments.

exactly what benefits a spectrum analyser would give me and why and how can you tell the b-line isnt in the right frequency range. basically everything done this end is by ear.

ty Dan

Ok i cant quite remember because i dont use one anymore but Dnb Basslines hit from around 30hrtz to 60hrtz in standard tunes. 30 would be lower and giving it a phat sound where as 60hrtz is a chest punching b line. now obviously if u have an analyser u can see what range ur bline hits at. not just that but u can use it to make all of your beats sit in the right ranges aswell like kicks hit at 100hrtz i think and snares at about 200hrtz... to be honest i dont remember all the frq ranges because i dont use one anymore... but seriously if u find on the net what the standard frq ranges are and u have an analyser u will find easier to get the sound your looking for.

a good free one is Freekascope, i used that for ages.

I thought it was a nice little funky number man, and some nice sounds in there, also liked the intro. It sounds different 2and if thats a first effort, fair play man.

P.S - I'd love 2 give tips but, aven't a clue cause I only use Logic and struggle enough with that, so cheers geezer, good tune, keep em coming.

Cheers

the bassline synth melody is rrrrrrrrude. it would have to be called a synth because its too far up in the registry to be a bass, i think this is what people are referring to earlier on in the thread but i dont know if you layered it with a sub cos im listening on ipod earbuds

the bassline synth melody is rrrrrrrrude. it would have to be called a synth because its too far up in the registry to be a bass, i think this is what people are referring to earlier on in the thread but i dont know if you layered it with a sub cos im listening on ipod earbuds

thanks for the post sir. their is some sub under the synth but yeah its more synthy than subby, the peeeps earlier in the thread are talkin about the intro i think. either way they are wrong and have stopped posting in ere because i dropkicked one of em in the neck.

Back
Top Bottom