Shakedown Festival Mix Competition - Danwell

danwell

BAAAAAAAAAAAAABE WAIT
VIP Junglist
easy all, heres my entry for the shakedown festival comp, quite a dance floor orientated mix.. enjoy!

Bring It Back - Optiv & CZA
- Tuning VIP - D.Kay & Lee
Skank - Calyx & Teebee
Swag - DC Breaks
She Said - Emperor
The Drone - Break
- Druggy - Sub Focus
Bomber - Loadstar
From Autumn To Ashes - June Miller
1000 Soul Songs (Break Remix) - Die & Jenna G
Set It Off - Friction & K.Tee
Time Tripping - DJ Hazard
- Closer To God - DJ Hype
Elevate This Sound - Calyx & Teebee
Brazil - Chase & Status
Detroit - Rockwell

Droplets - Memro
- Colour Wheel - Logistics

Gwarn Daniel! Big up!

Badman tings....I'm already guessing Druggy >> Drone sounds wicked. Sooo on this.

Safe.

Just realised I forgot horribly ribbed! Fuck! I know where I'd have put it too! Balls! Thanks guysh!

Just realised I forgot horribly ribbed! Fuck! I know where I'd have put it too! Balls! Thanks guysh!

i thought there was something missing....

good mix man, really really tight. set it off and time tripping worked very well and i really enjoyed the intro as well (y)

good luck with the comp man

Yesssssss bruv,

Wicked mix man, nice that it’s quite short and sweet but you managed to cram enough tunes in there to keep it interesting. EQing was wicked in most places, like when you bought in Swag it sounded really cool, but I think you could have EQ’d Skank out a bit more as that tune can be quite overpowering.
Beat matching was solid as well, impressive for the amount of time you’ve been dj’ing tbh

Personal favourite bits were

Set It Off - Friction & K.Tee
Time Tripping - DJ Hazard
- Closer To God - DJ Hype
Elevate This Sound - Calyx & Teebee

The Closer To God tease was fucking sick, good work!
Nice work on the little outro bit too, fucking love that Memro tune.

Overall, wicked stuff as usual mate. Looking forward to the next longer one!

Thanks Matty, yeah I wish I had eq'd out skank a bit more, never mind though! Cheers for your thoughts!

Nice! Listened to this today at work. Got some looks from my senior designer who asked me what in the world i was listening to. :)

Back
Top Bottom