Shadeslayer - Cyanide [Dubstep]

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by Shadeslayer, Oct 20, 2010.

1. Shadeslayer

Shadeslayer New Member

Thought I'd try something new. First try on Dubstep here, anyways comments/criticism/mindless rant welcome. ^ ^

2. elmaruk

elmaruk slannndaaaaaaar

This is nice, really like the intro.
    In terms of musicly it's fine except i think soething need to be done with tht main synth, but thats just me, but i think some work production wise could benefit it alot.

Any feedback on my latest post would be great!

http://soundcloud.com/introspectdnb/introspect-digital-wip

Last edited: Oct 20, 2010
  3. luciduk

luciduk Active Member

feeling that intro piano, has a nice grainy quality to it, tho i think the notes could be more carefully spaced out to give it a nicer melody...

beat sounds nice and solid, but feeling the low wobble is a bit too muddy, not really coming through properly mayb it needs to be high passed to seperate it from the sub a bit... sounds alot cleaner when it comes thru an octave up actually :) that piano does have a nice atmosphere, over all if i could give constructiv criticism i just personally feel that main wobble needs to be cleaned up or just made more smoother or prominent! feel free to return some feedback ;)

4. Shadeslayer

Shadeslayer New Member

Alright, thanks for the feedback, guys.

Can't be arsed to work any more on this track (it pretty much wanted to deconstruct my laptop in the end), but at least now I know I'm not a lost cause to Dubstep. xD

Cheers.

5. ARTFX

ARTFX www.artfx-studios.com

Where is the snare?
    You can barely hear it, the percussion is also a little lost in the background.
    Try to get those a bit more prominent and work a bit on cleaning up the wobble bassline.

6. Shadeslayer

Shadeslayer New Member

Will keep that in mind. Thanks.