Shabba D retiring?

Alot of mc's also helped the scene grow by organising nights a prime example is magika forming raveology events. I no its alot more presant but shabba does his sticky nights so maybe hes getting enough money from that to take a break

That's a fucking shame imho- legend in the game one of the best in the 90's actually my top with Det

Early 2000's still smashing it.

Hes not as good as he used to be but still great, most artists in all genres aren't as good as they used to be when they started out

I sincerely hope he changes his mind and gets off the rocks hope he has the strength to do so and the fans and family and friends help him out on that tip -real talk

---------- Post added at 00:36 ---------- Previous post was at 00:30 ----------

This is kind of unrelated but alot of mc's DONT chat shit all over liquid and singing tunes and ask for rewinds every 10 seconds- that pisses me off alot

i.e. GQ- guy has good double timing lyrics, good hype vibe and doesnt shout all over tracks at least he didnt when i listened to him- hes the perfect example of someone who complements the music.

I think the more pressing issue is when will MC Supplier be retiring/getting fired? I bet his pony tail stinks of beef and oestrogen

2njcbxy.jpg

yea but he'd probly suck you off

maybe buy you a twix aswell??

Mc supplier on the mic taking you higher, can somebody gimme a lighter? Yeah I like treacle and i bust heads like Im Steven Seagal

I came up with that shit in about 1 minute and its probs better than the crap he was saying.

There's always been this debate about whether MCs complement or undermine the music. There are good arguments on both sides, but I suppose there's room to please everyone, not like you can't avoid MCs if you want. I always really enjoyed a good MC who knew how to flow nicely, nowadays more often I listen to mixes without MCs but not exclusively. I strongly agree with the point about MCs being lazy. In jungle/dnb it always seemed like a near closed shop in terms of the DJs and MCs at the top of the game. The MCs were comfortable knowing their name was big and they'd be in demand, so they spend their entire careers rinsing out the same lyrics.

I was listening to Eksman the other day and although he had some different lyrics to what I'd heard him saying before (I haven't listened to him in years btw), it was all a load of 'I'm a gangsta and I've got a gun" bullsh8t.

MC's clearly have a place in the scene and the status of some of them is unquestionable

But if you constantly spit bollocks over music and have no idea when to let the music breathe a bit then you're clearly doing wrong if you ask me. Thats why i rate SP as one of the best. Good wicked bars, knows how to host but also knows when to let the music speak for it self

Back
Top Bottom