Shabba D retiring?

WE'RE WAY TOO NANG, WE'RE WAY TOO NANG NANG NAANGG

Shabba has been around since what..1992/3? He's come a long way and travelled worldwide, playing out to ridiculous crowds. Fair play to him.

When I started ravin back in 04, it always caused banter amongst the ravers when Shabba came on stage. Mainly because, yes, he'd turn up late and have that funny grin planted on his face. But as soon as he got the mic..place would just explode. Respect for that

But..as the years have gone on..it's gone from being quite comical seeing Shabba like that, to feeling a bit sorry for him tbh. He obviously wants to sort himself out for a bit. Maybe some time away from the scene will be good for him

I think the more pressing issue is when will MC Supplier be retiring/getting fired? I bet his pony tail stinks of beef and oestrogen

I think the more pressing issue is when will MC Supplier be retiring/getting fired? I bet his pony tail stinks of beef and oestrogen

Shut up Smarty. His hair is like Guns N Rose. Its got power like Moses.

You aint ready for the Supplier

DNB does need to re-evolve though. I would agree about that but you can say what you like about people like Shabba and all, they supported and brought teh scene through to where it is as much as any other.

Fukin hell... i just checked Shabba's twitter.... fuck me... that guy chats some serious amount of bum fraff. MORE ENRGY MORE POWER... shut the fuck up.

shabba is a legend..... there has been rumours about him smokin crack for years!! who cares if he does hes class proper sad hes retiring :(

as for mc supplier... LOL

you can say what you like about people like Shabba and all, they supported and brought teh scene through to where it is as much as any other.

:-/

As much as any other? As much as the guys in the studios, sheds or whatever that crafted those tunes together we all (more or less) loved, from the early 90s until now? You can´t be serious. And I´m not talking about Shabba but of any MCs. Imo their "impact" is overrated. There is always music without mc but there is never mc without music.

As much as any other? As much as the guys in the studios, sheds or whatever that crafted those tunes together we all (more or less) loved, from the early 90s until now? You can´t be serious. And I´m not talking about Shabba but of any MCs. Imo their "impact" is overrated. There is always music without mc but there is never mc without music.

Much love for this.

Bro from day 1 there has been mc's so yeh without them the scene wouldnt be what it is today. There impact is underated!!!

Last edited:
Bro from day 1 there has been mc's so yeh without them the scene wouldnt be what it is today. There impact is underated!!!

i agree with some of this but i think the problem with mc's came when they just started to go on and on and never shut the fuck up , it suddenly became all about them and bars and dog shit lyrics rather than enhancing the music and just overpowered everything.

Saying that though they can make or break some nights too , Shabba D some sets good some bad but he's a legend in the scene no doubt.

Saw Shabba on Friday just gone. Skibba was doin his usual noises and shit, Harry Shotta was sick as always and Shabba was actually pretty lively. Then again, next to Skibba, MC Dave the Don would look like Abdominal...

I think Dave Benson Phillips needs to make a return to the mic. His bars murk everyone

file.asp

Fuck that. They came to the fore when jungle fizzled out back in late 95/6 and without them it's very very unlikely DNB would still exist. No scene(s) no forum no nothing. They carried the music on their shoulders for over a decade and were responsible for bringing it to the masses in a way that really established it as a genre. Now obviously there's no DNB without producers and DJ's but putting that to one side, the music will never be as big as it was when they were running things. I think it's difficult for somebody who didn't live in the UK through that period to really appreciate this Deegun. And they still pull in the big crowds.

Unfortunately like a lot of performers their ego's got twisted (happens to MC's more than the rest) and they became lazy and tired. However I personally would put quality MCing just behind the amen break and double drops in terms of impact on the dance floor. And unlike the way a lot of noobs are currently treating the scene it has always been about impact on the dance floor. Nothing more nothing less. Once MC's have gone all we'll be left with is the lukewarm fare served up by modernist producers too weak and limp wristed to carry a box of vinyl to gigs with them...

Last edited:
..without them it's very very unlikely DNB would still exist. No scene(s) no forum no nothing.

Well we could ask the oracle of delphi..

They carried the music on their shoulders for over a decade and were responsible for bringing it to the masses in a way that really established it as a genre. Now obviously there's no DNB without producers and DJ's but putting that to one side, the music will never be as big as it was when they were running things.

I´d agree but the music was big anyways, no matter if somebody talked over it.

I think it's difficult for somebody who didn't live in the UK through that period to really appreciate this Deegun.

I´d also agree on this but then again I struggle..not to think that you´re just being a cunt about, mainly because you once said that dnb originated from hip house. :teeth:

You would go to a Rave without DJs wouldn´t ya? :-/

Of course not, But i wouldnt go to a rave without mc's !

---------- Post added at 22:46 ---------- Previous post was at 22:42 ----------

Fuck that. They came to the fore when jungle fizzled out back in late 95/6 and without them it's very very unlikely DNB would still exist. No scene(s) no forum no nothing. They carried the music on their shoulders for over a decade and were responsible for bringing it to the masses in a way that really established it as a genre. Now obviously there's no DNB without producers and DJ's but putting that to one side, the music will never be as big as it was when they were running things. I think it's difficult for somebody who didn't live in the UK through that period to really appreciate this Deegun. And they still pull in the big crowds.

Unfortunately like a lot of performers their ego's got twisted (happens to MC's more than the rest) and they became lazy and tired. However I personally would put quality MCing just behind the amen break and double drops in terms of impact on the dance floor. And unlike the way a lot of noobs are currently treating the scene it has always been about impact on the dance floor. Nothing more nothing less. Once MC's have gone all we'll be left with is the lukewarm fare served up by modernist producers too weak and limp wristed to carry a box of vinyl to gigs with them...

Very well put Papa

Well it seems like he's not retiring now, Lady V Dubs just said on 1xtra she spoke to a close friend and he's not leaving dnb, just "exploring" other genres.

Back
Top Bottom