Shabba D retiring?

E

Esstie

Hi apologies if this has been posted elsewhere but are the rumours true?

If so kind of sad as I used to really like his MC ing 'back in the day' when I was a yout :)

However I watched his set in Exeter on Sunday night and not only did he turn up an hour late but also totally off his head on crack, was embarrassing watching the guy. Could hardly open his eyes and just mumbled 'fire fire fire' quite sad really :(

If so kind of sad as I used to really like his MC ing 'back in the day' when I was a yout :)

However I watched his set in Exeter on Sunday night and not only did he turn up an hour late but also totally off his head on crack, was embarrassing watching the guy. Could hardly open his eyes and just mumbled 'fire fire fire' quite sad really :(

lol! what?

love how everybody takes the piss - yeah some of the time he was wack but if you caught him on top form he was untouchable, one of the first raves i went to it was him over nicky blackmarket, he turned up blatantly buzzing, closed his eyes on stage and spat for about an hour straight hardly drawing for breath and some of the best bars ive heard as well. i think hes more than payed his dues.

p.s the female cast members in that video look like someones fired a tranquilizer dart into iceland

Last edited:

yes he's retiring.

not only did he turn up an hour late but also totally off his head on crack

have you got any proof of this? not that it's any of our business what he does in his spare time but you're throwing about an allegation that is quite libellous.

---------- Post added at 18:47 ---------- Previous post was at 18:43 ----------

Might be for the best if this is what he's doing now days

that is awful.

Last edited by a moderator:
I quite liked him but as the times went he demanded the mic to be louder too often and when I first heard him go Shabbadabbadoodaadey I knew it will be over soon..was around the same time when skibadee started to make THOSE noises..you know what I´m talking about.

He did the same at his birthday bash (sticky) turned up late, announced he was retiring and I don't think he spat any bars at all, just some more power more energy stuff. Was still a good night though.

jesus christ those guys on that other forum are a bunch of sad bastards arent they, definitely need to get out more!

Last edited:
Shabba is a don he has gave so much to the scene since i have been listening to drum & bass. Every rave ive been to he was at was pure fire. Its sad news

http://forum.breakbeat.co.uk/tm.aspx?m=1975260682&mpage=1&key=�

papa j wtf are you doing on banana arena, traitor :teeth:

---------- Post added at 21:55 ---------- Previous post was at 21:54 ----------

on topic: oh well, only seen him once and all he said was "fire" over and over. Never seen the appeal of him on older sets either, meh.

My favourite dnb MC definitely, his flow and lyrics are miles ahead of everyone in the game, half of them piss me off now. Shabba on his own is the don, especially with Hazard.

(breakbeat) This is like the 3th time he's said that in the past year or so. He's just attention seeking..we should ignore him.
To be fair I swear he said he'd retire last year. What do we reckon? Some big bludclart testimonial then he'll come back next season like Paul Scholes?

So much jokes in that breakbeat thread haha.

---------- Post added at 03:05 ---------- Previous post was at 02:56 ----------

Enough's enough though, what's all this smile and energy shit on his twitter? He'll be announcing he's a born-again Christian soon.

Last edited:
Shabba is a legend man.. fair play to him, if i was him i wouldnt wana give any more towards this scene with the amount of cuntish comments people have given him. back then it was better because we didnt have these ' gangster ' mc's that spit lyrics about stabbing people and just plain bullshit that no one cares about.

Back
Top Bottom