Setting up traktor timecode with regular vinyl???

Ease

waiting for payday and then im going to buy traktor scratch timecode system, was looking around how to set up, so i can mix on my decks with traktor but when i want to pull the timecoded vinyl off and play a normal one from my collection, there is a video that says u can change the mode of the decks in traktor too thru so it plays, but it looked a bit of hassle or u could only have one working with traktor and the other with normal vinyl. has anyone got a similar set up where they can just lay down the timecoded vinyl or a normal vinyl when they please??
thanks

nah you have to go to the control panel bit outside of scratch pro and set it to thru

yes its a pain in the arse

serato just has a thru switch on the soundcard that you simply flick on.

your question is so poorly worded it's really difficult to understand what you want to know.

you can use regular vinyl as well. yes you can have one deck playing timecoded and other regular and vice versa. it's just that you have to click on a deck you want to change, then choose direct thru or live input and then click it. might look easy, but it's really pain in the ass if you have to do it a lot.

you also can buy multicore cables - then you can just switch between mono * and line on your mixer. haven't tried that one myself tho.

*edit: phono, not mono lol.

Last edited:
i have the multicore cables and all it takes is switching between phono and line on the mixer.

as long as the gain in traktor is set to the same/similar level of the phono output then you dont have to mess about with the volumes/gains of either tune, makes it easier for smoother transition and also when you are mixing with people who prefer one or the other!

i have the multicore cables and all it takes is switching between phono and line on the mixer.

as long as the gain in traktor is set to the same/similar level of the phono output then you dont have to mess about with the volumes/gains of either tune, makes it easier for smoother transition and also when you are mixing with people who prefer one or the other!

This. It's super easy. You have your line in and your phono in on the multicore cables. Just switch your channel over from line to phono. I tend to keep my gain on traktor a little higher because I think it sounds better on my home system so I have to turn the trim down before putting vinyl on.

soz for bein noobish, had to look up the multicore cables cuz ive never heard of them before, and all the stuff i was lookin at seemed to operate with the A10 version of the interface. as i'm on a tight budget i was going to get the A6 package can u still use the multicore cables with that interface?

thought about getting serato but the guy behind the till at chemical records thought that there wasent much differnce between serato and traktor as far as quality is concerend, except £100 obviouslly serato wins for this sort of issue but still want to get traktor a6 cuz its cheaper

soz for bein noobish, had to look up the multicore cables cuz ive never heard of them before, and all the stuff i was lookin at seemed to operate with the A10 version of the interface. as i'm on a tight budget i was going to get the A6 package can u still use the multicore cables with that interface?

thought about getting serato but the guy behind the till at chemical records thought that there wasent much differnce between serato and traktor as far as quality is concerend, except £100 obviouslly serato wins for this sort of issue but still want to get traktor a6 cuz its cheaper

the multicore cables should work with any this sort of interface. including a6.

actually as far as i know, traktor is of better sound quality than the serato sl1 for example. google it!

Back
Top Bottom