Setting up drum busses or "group channels" in Cubase

KICK + SNARE BUS
OVERHEADS BUS
BREAKS BUS
BASS BUSES
INTRO BUS (MUSICAL ELEMENTS)
FX BUS
RISERS BUS

i do all my mixdowns in cubase and have found that this is what works best for me re bussing etc..

The only channels that would be mono are the kick and the sub tbh, and sometimes the snare but depends what im goin for.

Thanks m8, i was just curious how everybody sets up their buses.

I notice you say buses on bass, do you split the bass then send it to two separate buses?

split each bass into 2 or 3 channels. process each one individualy then bus them to either 1 or 2 busses depending on how much processing i wanna do to the overall sound

i go for

drums
bass
inst
fx
then pos voc or if theres another important inst it gets its own bus

i seem to be doing less and less processing these days. mind you i have less and less time these days...

we dont group things very much before mixdown. but we usually do two or three weirdo sends that will invariably weird up a sound, or sexy it up if you will, heaps of multitap delay chorus lfo filter and whatever, then a little of that on something thats boring in the mix.

we dont group things very much before mixdown. but we usually do two or three weirdo sends that will invariably weird up a sound, or sexy it up if you will, heaps of multitap delay chorus lfo filter and whatever, then a little of that on something thats boring in the mix.

Very good point forgot to mention this, i dont use busses or groups in the production/sequencing stage. Only on final mixdowns.

Back
Top Bottom