Setting up CDJs & Mixer with laptop

Discussion in 'DJ's, MC's & Turntablism' started by Smuush, May 11, 2013.

1. Smuush

Smuush New Member

2. rj_dnb

rj_dnb Well-Known Member

I always thought you had to use branded soundcards with the software - NI box with traktor and rane hardware with serato, could be wrong though.
    The wiring goes cdj/turntable rca's and ground into soundcard, soundcard into mixer input. There's also a USB on the soundcard which goes into your pc.

3. rj_dnb

rj_dnb Well-Known Member

Just looked at the soundcard, it wouldnt work. Unless you want to use 1 deck :) you'd need 4 in 4 out, red/white for left deck, red/white for right deck.

4. brgil96

brgil96 Member

That soundcard won't cut it since you need at least 4 ins and 4 outs (unless you just want to use 1 deck), but AFAIK, with Traktor and VDJ, you can use any interface you like, as long as it meets this requirement. I would recommend to use NI's own products tho, coz you might end with an interface with too much latency, and that would be a problem. A cousin has a controller with 4 ins and 4 outs, later today or tomorrow I'll try it with traktor and my cdjs (was planning to mdo so already), and I'll post the feedback here

5. Howitzer

Howitzer Active Member

traktor will work universally with pretty much any soundcard, but you wont be able to use scratch control, which is what youre looking for. You need an NI branded soundcard for this, an audio 4/6 will do you.
    Before you take the jump and buy one, also be aware that you need Traktor SCRATCH before you can use CDJ's / TT's to control traktor. If youre on Traktor thats come with a controller or something, thats usually not scratch compatible without the upgrade, which is about £60 i think.