Mulla

Digital Future
VIP Junglist
:drums:

What you usin at the mo?

For me...

'Paranoia' - Militia
'White Poison rmx' - Dragon

or 'Reach Inside' if Im starting off on a lighter tip.

:miss_rep:

I like Citadel of Chaos "Urbanity" (Boombastic Plastic 003) for an opener. Finest Illusion (Illegal Vocal Mix) is also nice I find.

I reckon going for anything with a real odd intro just to let them know you've arrived, or just something that clashes with the previous DJ's last track

GorDo said:
Kemal & Rob Data - The Encrypter
Dom & Roland - Soundwall VIP

me first gig is on the 12/09 and im in between them too tunes to open....if i cant decide i ll just put good ol Messiah..:D

You know you're a fag if you don't open with Flava for Raver

Re: Re: Set Openers

Serum said:
You know you're a fag if you don't open with Flava for Raver

question.jpg

Re: Re: Re: Set Openers

Calyx - Kingdom
Krusada - Narco
Free Agent - Family Ties Bootleg
Nosher (Baron Remix)
Calibre - Rejack
Twisted Individual - Does Exactly....

GorDo said:
Kemal & Rob Data - The Encrypter
Dom & Roland - Soundwall VIP

me first gig is on the 12/09 and im in between them too tunes to open....if i cant decide i ll just put good ol Messiah..:D

Why not Total Science "Gravity Girls" or Monkey Buisness "Too Much"? I think those are my favorite tunes of 2002. Ohh also Digital's "Red Head" was pretty darn tootin' hot!

I guarentee if you drop "Too Much" inbetween two sets of distorted techstep noise (like Soundwall VIP) you'll stand out all right!!!

Hmmmmmm.....

Hazard- No. 6
Twisted Individual- Does Exactly......( Don't feel like typing )
Ram Trilogy- Screamer( I live in Iowa. Nobody knows this so it get's it jumpin' )
Tech Itch & Kemal- Signal Trace w/ Fresh- Daleks to double drop

and in the next week or so.....

Hive- Neo ( who isn't gonna open or close with this :bounce:

my soul - makoto - john b rmx....
for a lighter side,
or if mixing out of somebody else.... hmmmm
mutationz is still a classic for that!! :who_wants

Re: Re: Set Openers

1992 said:
Why not Total Science "Gravity Girls" or Monkey Buisness "Too Much"? I think those are my favorite tunes of 2002. Ohh also Digital's "Red Head" was pretty darn tootin' hot!

I guarentee if you drop "Too Much" inbetween two sets of distorted techstep noise (like Soundwall VIP) you'll stand out all right!!!

Im opening a Breakcore/Gabbatechno night...so i guess soundwall will be the atmospherick chill out point of said night..ta anyhow

It depends really. Generally something with a percussionless intro goes down pretty well. It really depends on the night... I've been opening with the High Contrast remix of Renegade Snares quite a bit, as well as CydeFX - Timescape off John B's Nu Electro label.

I think tonight will be Optical - Hi Tek Dreams. :devilslay

Tech Itch Vs Dylan - Legend..
because i really couldnt be fucked trying to mix that bastard in properly..
though whatever looks pretty

actually, there is another record I have that has a scratch after the second breakdown, so I also put that one on first if im going to play it.. and just mix out of it after the first breakdown..

and then there is one with a really cheasey vocal line that i play when the last person was playing some gay house :)
yay for playing in a bar

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom