Serious waffle =P - I need a bit of advice

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by Forau, Feb 14, 2011.

1. Forau

Forau CONCUSSION RECS

Straight off the bat, i have a cannabis warning. its the ONLY encounter with police ive ever had. It was a dumb mistake, i wasnt careful and that. Didnt help that i was also smoking a stones throw from buckingham palace >_<

I applied for a job which requires an enhanced crb check.
    In the application form it says to tell them about any convictions, a warning isnt a conviction, so i didnt declare it. I was given an interview, and there didnt come a good time to mention it, so i just kept quiet.

I got a call saying id got the job, YAY!

They said stuff like salary and all that, then they came to the crb bit, and its a requirement of your employment that i have and keep a clean Enhanced CRB.

I start in a few weeks, and im so worried about it :/ Its like the perfect job.

Theres a chance the warning wont appear on the crb check, but im not sure if i want to take the chance, cos if i dont declare it, and it shows up, i'll look really dishonest and that :/. But if i declare it and it doesnt show up, i might get myself in unnecessary trouble.

Whatcha think i should do? On my first day just talk to the manager about it and explain it? Or wait for the crb check to come back and explain it then?

What would you do? What would you recommend i do?

I dont want a dumb mistake from like a year back to jeopardise an amazing opportunity.

Proper worried about it :(.

Cheers.

2. DamageCase7

DamageCase7 Better off dead.

3. richie_stix

richie_stix gomby plz

i would leave it mate... seeing as it was such a minor thing, if it gets brought up, explain it was such a non-event you forgot it happened, that it was a one-off, you didnt inhale, your best friend made you blah blah blah

4. $marty

$marty Dexcell Staff Member

What age did you get caught dude?

5. Forau

Forau CONCUSSION RECS

Yeah, thats what i was thinking, just not sure about how theyd see it, like if i was hiding it or something.

19. It was last year.

6. Moskit

Moskit :rodigan: Staff Member

Enhanced does come back with warnings.

If you were charged & given a formal warning it does.

I got Cautioned for possession of Class A, B & C in 1999 & thought the same, that it wouldn't show - a.) Beacause it was a Caution & b.) Because the conviction was spent, but it did & subsequently I didn't get the job I went for...

Uggghh...

Hate to break that to you man, but its true... :(

Maybe get in touch with them & come clean?

7. richie_stix

richie_stix gomby plz

8. richie_stix

richie_stix gomby plz

9. Moskit

Moskit :rodigan: Staff Member

I was going to be working with vulnerable adults & children, so obviously drug convictions are high on their list, thing is, the woman said if I had just said about it at the interview, plus the fact it was like 10 years ago then I would have got the job...

Sometimes, honesty is the best policy*

What type of job is it Dedbult?

10. Forau

Forau CONCUSSION RECS

Cheers for the links.

I rung the Criminal Records Beurau advice line earlier today, and they said it really depends on the company's policy, which i guess is fair enough. Theres pretty much a 50/50 chance they'll let it slide, or just retract my job offer there and then. :/

EDIT:
    Moskit, its IT support for schools and adult education centers (remote support, but occasional on site stuff).

So do you reckon i should just call the manager into a little meeting and explain it to him, like say i didnt declare it on the application as it isnt a conviction etc?

11. ali^

ali^ Bigtingsagwarn

Me and my friends got caught with some bud once and he just said he needed to give one us a cannabis warning, so we decided to rock paper scissors for it. my mate (Scissors) got the warning but the police man said to him it's literally just a tick next to your name that only comes up if you have another bud related incident

12. Forau

Forau CONCUSSION RECS

Yeah but a warning is a warning, and warnings appear on enhanced crb checks :/

All my mates have said not to worry and that, and i know, a cannabis warning isnt a big deal, thats not really what im worried about, im worried about whether i should tell them or take the gamble that it may not show up. Either way they know its happened, but i think telling them makes me look better :/. Just totally not sure. Been literally losing sleep over it. >_<

13. Kenneth4Eva

Kenneth4Eva Let's Breed

you were going for a job with kids and you post the most vile stuff i can think of. your mental

14. ThePapa

ThePapa Suffragette City..

Was it a formal caution or a road side warning? Did you pay a fine?

15. Joey AdhD

Joey AdhD sweaty scouser

a CRB chack is to see if u have a criminal record, i am pretty sure a warning isnt a criminal record.if ya shittin it maybo come clean with ya employer...sometimes honesty can be the best route.

16. Forau

Forau CONCUSSION RECS

Was just a warning. I didnt pay anything, sign anything or anything. They did their standard questions like "where did you get it, how much did you pay for it" and all that shit. Then radio'd through to make sure i didnt have any priors, which i dont. Then let us go.

17. TongueFlap

TongueFlap Flappin'

Not that i know much about any of the above but surely if you say "erm, i was kinda of an idiot and got a warning for smoking pot, but i forgot to declare it, what can i do?" it would prob come across better then them finding it out thru the CRB and asking you why you didnt tell them. (think that makes sence.. im kinda tired and writing 5yr old style)

18. Forau

Forau CONCUSSION RECS

Haha, i getcha. Yeah thats what im thinking really. At the end of the day its gonna sound bad either way. Just gotta do it the way that makes me seem more appealing/honest etc :/.

19. Sammy_Dodger

Sammy_Dodger Mr Ed

I'd be more worried they gonna drug test you when you start.

get some of this.

[​IMG]

20. MAJESTIC

MAJESTIC BishBashBosh