Serious question - is my setup viable for production?

Ihamitsu

Random Nolifer
Hi,

I have started with production few months ago and because I didn´t want to invest to something I didn´t know I would eventually enjoy or not, I connected my Reloop Beatmix 2 as audio interface using ASIO4all in my FL studio...
The thing is, I´m not really sure now, if I the real audio interface ( like Scarlett etc ) would be serious upgrade...
Regarding sound I have now, I´m pretty happy with my new studio headphones connected and I plan to buy studio monitors next week... everything can be connected to reloop controller...

Even better. It has 2 outputs for headphones, so I can use studio and reference headphones without disconnecting the other one. I can switch between phones and monitors with one click and the controller is acting as midi device as well, so I can map anything in fl studio.

The question is, if I don´t plan to record anything, is the controller audio interface Ok regarding standards?? I have low latency, sound is good, I have 3 outputs and midi device...

But I googled and didn´t really find anyone else with this setup...

So, share your opinions please...

Attachments

• IMG_20161021_234434.jpg
    IMG_20161021_234434.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 98
IMO, a sound interface is a must. You'll have a dedicated device to reproduce sounds, rather than an onboard soundcard.

And yes, the more experienced you get, you will notice a difference.

Sorry but did you even read what I wrote?
I have reloop Beatmix 2 dj controller, which has it´s own dedicated soundcard, which is the one I´m using... Not onboard soundcard.
The controller use ASIO drivers, and has it´s own outputs... to my question wasn´t about onboard soundcard, which I know sucks hard, but if it´s even necesarry to invest to another audio device... because, the only issue I see is that it takes a lost of space, but other than that, I´m not really sure...

No problem :) But I would like you to tell me you opinion... I´m not talking about some high end audio interface, but entry level... I don´t think it can be better than dj controller I even use sometimes in clubs and nobody never complained about the sound quality... Also the midi pads, faders, knobs... I personally think that it´s ok to use it that way, but I didn´t find anyone else who use it like this... so what do you think ?

I own an usb interface myself, and I use it mostly for electric guitar recording (also will be used when I finally get some monitors). And yes, it's not a chunky piece of hardware, so I guess you'd benefit from that also.

Well but I still think it´s pointless for me at the moment... I mean, if I really don´t plan to record anything, what else will usb audio interface give me, that I already don´t have with this setup ?

It looks like the Beatmix 2 has a decent enough built in interface for starting. I'd only get something else if I wanted something more portable/smaller or with inputs, personally. You'll likely want to get monitors at some point though, so you'll want something with better outputs at some point. I worked with just headphones for years, but my mixdown skills are pretty bad, and that might be one of the reasons.

Dude I produced through the headphone jack on my imac for years so it really doesn't matter when you're starting out, your ears are so far away from being experienced you wouldnt be able to tell the difference anyway. My advise is, just keep writing and writing (whilst referencing) and forget about all that technical shit for the meantime and just write some beats :)

Hi all, thanks for feedback... The reason I asked is, because I have limited amount of money and Studio monitors is 1st thing I want to buy next month. So I was just asking, if I connect monitors via cinchs I think it´s gonna be ok... I know that at my level, it´s not about technical stuff, and I´m really investing every free time into this, so don´t worry that I´m stucked with nonsense and don´t make music :)
So I understand, that at the moment, I can use my beatmix as audio interfece pretty OK.
Thanks

Give up now! You have a shit hobby, with shit goals! Your music is shit and you will never be subfocus. Have you tried knitting? Knitting is cool! Also, it dose not matter what your setup is like untill you make good music! Make tunes, have fun, and post here. Have fun! Make music! & Try fucking knitting. Anyone can be good at knitting, and you can watch tv while doing it.

Give up now! You have a shit hobby, with shit goals! Your music is shit and you will never be subfocus. Have you tried knitting? Knitting is cool! Also, it dose not matter what your setup is like untill you make good music! Make tunes, have fun, and post here. Have fun! Make music! & Try fucking knitting. Anyone can be good at knitting, and you can watch tv while doing it.

Had too much vodka yesterday, Ivan?

Sorry but did you even read what I wrote?
I have reloop Beatmix 2 dj controller, which has it´s own dedicated soundcard, which is the one I´m using... Not onboard soundcard.
The controller use ASIO drivers, and has it´s own outputs... to my question wasn´t about onboard soundcard, which I know sucks hard, but if it´s even necesarry to invest to another audio device... because, the only issue I see is that it takes a lost of space, but other than that, I´m not really sure...

i use my macbook pro audio over my vestax controller anyday...

you muppet lmfao!!!!

Hi all, thanks for feedback... The reason I asked is, because I have limited amount of money and Studio monitors is 1st thing I want to buy next month. So I was just asking, if I connect monitors via cinchs I think it´s gonna be ok... I know that at my level, it´s not about technical stuff, and I´m really investing every free time into this, so don´t worry that I´m stucked with nonsense and don´t make music :)
So I understand, that at the moment, I can use my beatmix as audio interfece pretty OK.
Thanks

dude focus on creativity, not expensive toys ;)

Back
Top Bottom