Serato?

Yeah it's cheating but Serato with sync on actually makes me feel like God / Andy C. Seriously.

(Can't believe I actually wasted 10 years learning to beatmatch on belt drives now that there's shit like this around!)

Make the switch, you will love it (y)

Yeah it's cheating but Serato with sync on actually makes me feel like God / Andy C. Seriously.

(Can't believe I actually wasted 10 years learning to beatmatch on belt drives now that there's shit like this around!)

Make the switch, you will love it (y)

Now that is definitely not proper djing

I agree I don't really have anything against serato atall I will probably end up using it, but all these automatic syncs etc just takes the fun out of it for me

yea im not interested in the cool features n auto sync rubbish (wheres the fun in that!!!) i just wanna play my duuubbs on vinyl without the need to pay £50 a time to get a dub cut.

I didnt even know it had an auto sync feature, are you sure, isn't that with traktor? why would anyone use that... Ye Freek it would be perfect is you've got some dubs or some of your own tunes you wanna test out on vinyl. It does genuinelly feel like vinyl, doesn't feel artifical in any way. Also the only feature I use is setting cue points on each track, which is very useful. So if a track has a long intro you can set a point 16 bars before the drop and take it from there, thats the only feature I use personally, I'm sure there's loads more though.

I didnt even know it had an auto sync feature, are you sure, isn't that with traktor? why would anyone use that... Ye Freek it would be perfect is you've got some dubs or some of your own tunes you wanna test out on vinyl. It does genuinelly feel like vinyl, doesn't feel artifical in any way. Also the only feature I use is setting cue points on each track, which is very useful. So if a track has a long intro you can set a point 16 bars before the drop and take it from there, thats the only feature I use personally, I'm sure there's loads more though.

Yea man used it in a club a few weeks back and loved it

It has a sync button? That ain't cool man?!?!

Might aswell just download a copy of virtual dj Mike.

Na Traktors not got one either, I dont think any of the digital vinyl set ups do.

Now that is definitely not proper djing

Ahahaha, that made me actual lol so hard that for the first time ever I didn't see my boss approaching. Alt-f4'd just in time but unfortunately it was just to a blank spreadsheet. Have never looked more of retard.

And yeah, it's definitely not proper djing - fun when you're too drunk to beatmatch, fucking around at a house party and no-one realises you're using sync though. Couple of random r-tards last weekend told me I was the best DJ they'd ever heard. :teeth:

LOL Serato does not have any sync features...Traktor does though, in fact, the new traktor loads the track pre synced...

Serato for pros, traktor for eveyone else who thinks that its got tons more features...

FYI, 4 deck in Traktor, is actually 2 decks and a sample player effectively, Serato actually has 3 live decks and then a 6 track sampler if thats your thing with controllers and what...

Without going into the equipment really in depth, serato hands down, and ive had both pieces at one point as well as trialed numarks version...Serato is a tool for real DJs

Can I just say I really dont understand all this faffing about over computer spec etc I've run it from several bullshit lapops and there haven't been any problems. I'd say Macs are a bit of a peer pressure thing really...

I've found it slightly harder to mix with than vinyl primarily coz the tunes dont sit together as well (due to the difference in audio quality). I miss the quality of the 'tshh' and 'snick' noises you get with vinyl buuuuut....boy does it open a realm of possibilities aaaaaand I avoid waving my fat arse in the air when looking for the next tune. Makes life much easier tbf.

The one real down side imo is it fucks your needles and your gonna be forever removing bits of blue cake from the nibs. It took me ages to realise that's why the needle kept jumping and wouldnt 'read' the vinyl. They need to fix up with whatever they make those control vinyl out of.

Also I havent found a decent tutorial on the web that takes you from the box to actually getting it to play a tune so good luck with the whole learning curve Freek. If I tell you now that only the abs button needs to be highlighted (not thru) that should shave 30 mins off your first setting up experience...

LOL Serato does not have any sync features...Traktor does though, in fact, the new traktor loads the track pre synced...

Serato for pros, traktor for eveyone else who thinks that its got tons more features...

FYI, 4 deck in Traktor, is actually 2 decks and a sample player effectively, Serato actually has 3 live decks and then a 6 track sampler if thats your thing with controllers and what...

Without going into the equipment really in depth, serato hands down, and ive had both pieces at one point as well as trialed numarks version...Serato is a tool for real DJs

Exactly this, thanks for confirming that there's no auto-sync ting, I was goin a bit mad there for sec!

I use Traktor Scratch Pro 2 and I never use the sync feature or the auto gain. Just because a program offers a feature like Sync doesn't mean you have to use it. In fact, to get Sync to work with DnB you need to adjust the grid for almost every one of your tracks. That's annoying and time consuming so I just leave the beat grid alone.

I'm pretty sure Traktor Scratch Pro 2 has 4 full decks with the options of making sample decks. So you could do 2 time code decks and 2 sample, 3 time code and 1 sample, or all 4 time code.

Comparison chart.
http://www.native-instruments.com/#/en/products/dj/traktor-pro-2/?page=1991

Also, the new Audio 10 DJ is designed so that you don't have to move wires and what not when switching between software setups and traditional deck setups. Everything stays connected and if you're using Traktor you just plug the USB cable into your lappy and you're ready to go. More of a thing for club owners but there won't be 5 minutes of silence while the club crew figure out what they're doing.

I don't believe using time code vinyl will fuck your needles if you have your tonearm setup properly. Time code vinyl is just a vinyl that plays a high pitch noise. How is it different than playing any other vinyl?

To be fair, both traktor & serato are about as good as each other. Like Eurotide says try both and see which one you like better, be that layout wise or just the feel of it. I personally prefere traktor because thats what i bought first, had a go on my mates serato the other day and didnt really like it, but i probably could get used to it.
Just do a little bit of research and go for the one you like best.

@Crysis my tonearms are fine but the nibs get clogged with blue shit from the 'vinyl'. It's obviously softer material than normal records and comes off easier. I'm still in the first couple of months so hopefully when they've worn in a bit it'll stop happening. First week or so it's just stupid.

Back
Top Bottom