Serato tracking

rj_dnb

VIP Junglist
This is doing my nut in!!
Was mixing away. change the track on deck 2, and it starts sounding like a drowning puppy. All gargled and shit. Different MP3, same thing. MP3 works on deck one. Swapped the needles over, needle works on deck one (works on deck 2 with regular vinyl aswell, so I'm sure its a Serato problem..) Swapped the time code vinyls, not that either. Checked the tracking diagram, and what I have isnt in the book. Helpful. I bought a pair of dicers today but I dont think its anything to do with that as it was working fine with them...

m753VJs.jpg

Check your RCA's and grounds.

Had same thing, was a dodgy RCA going into the scratch live soundcard.

While the tune is playing fiddle gently with all rca's going into scratch live, and also going into the mixer.

Also check in the settings to make sure that deck is getting a nice clean signal. I found i had to amplify my 2nd deck's signal to get it to work reliably.

Last edited:
I had exactly the same thing.

Bought Serrato at the weekend and could not get the sound quality on the left deck. played around with the ground lead and found it now works, be i ta bit tempermental!

Cheers guys, it was one of the RCAs into the back of the soundcard. Little fiddle and back to normal. Might replace them sometime as I think my decks are older than me..

Back
Top Bottom