Serato SL3 - 3 decks?

muzzadj

VIP Junglist
Easy all, taking the plunge into Serato this month and wanting to run 3 x Technics 1210's.

I heard I can do this with SL3 despite it only saying you can use 2? Is this true? And if so will it function just like the other 2 decks and show up as a 3 deck waveform on the laptop?

Cheers

Yes you can run 3 tt's - I'm planning on doing the same when I got some cash in my pocket
Not sure about the display tho

I have SL4, i purely got it because djfinance rung me and said it'll be over a month before they get sl3 back in stock, and its only £80 more for sl4, so i just went with SL4.

Its a bit overkill, SL4 is definately mainly aimed at clubs/playing out. The 2 usb ports is an example. Its so 2 dj's can play one after the other, switching laptops etc, and have no cut in the music. Its pretty cool, but ive only used this feature once.

Its got 5 inputs and outputs. 4 for the decks, and an extra aux in and aux out.
You can plug the record out of your mixer into the aux in and select aux under record in serato and record.

I do plan on getting a cdj or two soon, so will make full use of serato by having all 4 plugged in and running at once. So i guess its not money wasted =P.

3930841Eg4_o.jpg

As above ^

Nice one. Seriously thinking of changing back to vinyl and getting sl3. Can you customize the view to have the vertical waveforms or can you only do that with two decks? Think i prefer them horizontally but just curious

Is the view customizable? Say you have sl3 but only 2 TT's can you change to an sl1/2 type display as the third will be pointless until you hook up a third? Or is the software you get specific to the Rane hardware you have?

You can enable and disable the amount of decks as you want.

Im gonna hop on the decks soon, i'll give you a better report then =P

Back
Top Bottom