Serato Scratch

killahurtz

Has anyone here used serato scratch or can tell me sum info or their views about it?

Im thinkin of buyin it because basicaly at the moment i only have a 2channel mixer and my str8-150s, and i wanna be able to mix mp3s that u can buy and tunes my mates produce, so instead of forking out a shit load of cash on a new 4 channel mixer and a cdj or 2 would it just be better to get serato?

:confused:

BITCHES DUN KNOW I SOLD THE MOTHER FUCKER THIS WEEK, £300. BOUGHT IT NEW FOR £360 18 MONTHS AGO.

CASHBACK.

Has anyone here used serato scratch or can tell me sum info or their views about it?

Im thinkin of buyin it because basicaly at the moment i only have a 2channel mixer and my str8-150s, and i wanna be able to mix mp3s that u can buy and tunes my mates produce, so instead of forking out a shit load of cash on a new 4 channel mixer and a cdj or 2 would it just be better to get serato?

:confused:

I completely understand where your coming from because i had same decision to makea while back.

I come to the conclusion that Serato would be fuckin awesome if you were a bed room dj and kinda was confortable there, but if you wanted to play out and all your tunes are on a laptop, the thought of the laptop packing up or anything would be evil. in my eyes i would hate to think a computer is all ive got tune wise.

So at the end of the day your guna have to buy vinyl and cds, end of. so get some cd decks and spend vinyl money wisely. Mp3s cost £1-2, no biggy.

Thats my view on the situation, hope that makes sense chap :)

Ive got serato about 8 months ago and think its wicked, alot better and more fun than mixing cd's. I aint brought any vinyl since getting it tho

I use Traktor scratch instead and it's quality. It has made it so I can get any new tune and not spend £100+ on a day record shopping:)
Make sure you have a decent laptop though.
DVS systems sit better with the way dnb dj's play than cd decks too.

sum good points made.

its hard cuz i do wanna play out and i guess serato is only good for the bedroom, unless u can be arsed hauling laptops around.

i think i mite just have to save up for the mixer and then cdjs, seems to make more sense, jus gunna take longer which i fuckin HATE as i need it now now NOW!

safe people.

I use Traktor scratch instead and it's quality. It has made it so I can get any new tune and not spend £100+ on a day record shopping:)
Make sure you have a decent laptop though.
DVS systems sit better with the way dnb dj's play than cd decks too.

Word.. I like how it's totally integrated w/ Beatport as well.
N.I.= Good software.

sum good points made.

its hard cuz i do wanna play out and i guess serato is only good for the bedroom, unless u can be arsed hauling laptops around.

i think i mite just have to save up for the mixer and then cdjs, seems to make more sense, jus gunna take longer which i fuckin HATE as i need it now now NOW!

safe people.
I thought the whole point was it is easy to carry a laptop to gigs etc:confused: The only annoying thing is linking up the audio interface:(

Word.. I like how it's totally integrated w/ Beatport as well.
N.I.= Good software.
Yeah it is a very high quality product. Ive been very impressed.

ive seen afrika bambaataa & randall both rock serato.

imho, all arguments are done after that.

:)

been rockin it for a couple years now, love it, has its ups and down, always have backups cds or vinyl at gigs, keep your files organized or else they are useless.. and yeh, have fun with it...

traktor seems cool, but in my experience serato is the widely used standard, which means nowadays theres a really good chance there will be a box already plugged in at the venue, so the plug in out thing has become less a problem...

one
human?

Back
Top Bottom