Serato Scratch Live vs. M-Audio Torq Conectiv

perspective

Sausage Rolls
VIP Junglist
Had a go at Serato Scratch live at the weekend and loved it... It's a bit steep though, I was wondering if anyone had tried M-Audio's Torq Conectiv product and what they thought?

Torq just seems a little too good to be true though, same functionality for half the price etc...

Serato or Traktor scratch ftw!
Torq, mixvibes etc are probably good two but rane and native instruments outshadow them by a mile mate.
I have been using Traktor Scratch for a while and its sick.
Make sure you have a powerful laptop though. With minimal shit on it!

Cheers fella - you're spot on, you get what you pay for at the end of the day, i've heard a few bad things about the torq software as well which puts me off even with the £150+ saving.

I've been using Torq since August last year and it was mostly fine as long as the setup in the club was decent, if you had any issues (dodgy needles, noise etc.) it would begin jumping during playback which made it unusable.

Annoyingly I've played before and after Serato users when Torq has been experiencing issues and Serato has worked perfectly. So I'm on the verge of selling Torq and switching to Serato.

Honestly, Get serato, i have torq and it's artifact ahoy!

yeah, basically it sounds like shit for DnB, and as this is a DnB forum...

I've heard traktor has the same problems aswell.

If you want to hear the problem in motion, i recorded a mix with it on
www.myspace.com/beatmonkeydj

Safe!

Native instruments Traktor Scratch is the way of the future man. You can either go with the Pro version that allows 4 inputs + effects or just the 2 input version that is really cheap $300 USD.

Both versions allow you to incorporate digital mediums like VST effects and looping on the fly.

do the research for yourself, i think you will be impressed:

http://www.native-instruments.com/newreleases/#/en/?content=0

Back
Top Bottom