serato face

fuuz3r

junglist
VIP Junglist
grooverider1.lr.jpg

found this through discogs:

http://seratoface.tumblr.com/

altough i use traktor myself, i have to agree - this really is fucking stupid. i'd rather search my record bag or cd wallet than stare at a computer screen. doing it enough already the whole day and when it's time to relax and dj and rest your eyes i still end up looking a laptop screen (tho recently i've started to buy and mix more and more vinyl). even if you use these fancy x1 or f1 or whatever controllers, you still have to look at the screen. it's uncomfortable and doesn't have any good effect on the crowd either (note: maybe hide the laptop under the table so it would appear to the crowd as if you're searching your recordbox?).

when i get myself cdj-s i'll lthrow traktor out of the window. really :P

so forum, what are your thoughts on serato face?

I use Tractor but i use a controller so dont have to touch the laptop. But who cares mate!! If the music is good does it matter if the dj is using vinyl, cds or a laptop?

grooverider1.lr.jpg

found this through discogs:

http://seratoface.tumblr.com/

altough i use traktor myself, i have to agree - this really is fucking stupid. i'd rather search my record bag or cd wallet than stare at a computer screen. doing it enough already the whole day and when it's time to relax and dj and rest your eyes i still end up looking a laptop screen (tho recently i've started to buy and mix more and more vinyl). even if you use these fancy x1 or f1 or whatever controllers, you still have to look at the screen. it's uncomfortable and doesn't have any good effect on the crowd either (note: maybe hide the laptop under the table so it would appear to the crowd as if you're searching your recordbox?).

when i get myself cdj-s i'll lthrow traktor out of the window. really :P

so forum, what are your thoughts on serato face?

unless your CDJs have rekordbox or a usb slot, youll become just as frustrated with burning a shit ton of CDs!

if you're speedmixin' you have to either use serato or cdjs with USB's plugged in that have all your cue points set up
in other case you'll have people sleep at your set

Death of dj's ?

Im getting so fed up of seeing dj's now mixing into there latops being an old school raver i feel that now adays there is no show from the dj's its so boring just watch them stare into the laptop. Bring back the days when it was just 2 decks and a mixer i used to enjoy watching them spin vinyl it was a joy to watch.

i use a dvs setup for my radio shows but when i play out i use cds as i dont believe in stopping the music for 10mins while i plug in all my dvs, also u cant be sure its definitely gonna work lol.

Death of dj's ?

Im getting so fed up of seeing dj's now mixing into there latops being an old school raver i feel that now adays there is no show from the dj's its so boring just watch them stare into the laptop. Bring back the days when it was just 2 decks and a mixer i used to enjoy watching them spin vinyl it was a joy to watch.

well when i'm out raving i'm generally only listening to the DJ, not watching them.

yeah, technology makes things easier, but the art's in the tune selection. Beatmatching is a skill of course, but it's a skill anyone with a sense of rhythm can learn pretty quickly.

well when i'm out raving i'm generally only listening to the DJ, not watching them.

yeah, technology makes things easier, but the art's in the tune selection. Beatmatching is a skill of course, but it's a skill anyone with a sense of rhythm can learn pretty quickly.

Ive seen big name dj's who've been spinning for years and still cant beatmatch for shit

You mean like Brockie?

For one.

There are plenty of names i could mention who despite having a rep and been playing for a period of time, they suck major balls at djing

Digital has made the art of djing so much easier yet there are still those who dont know how to count bars or how to keep two tunes in time.

arguments?

If you know what tune you're gonna play it takes about 4 seconds to get it on the deck and queued. Lots of people speed mix on vinyl. It's quicker on serato but but the main thing is there's no bending or straining so it's easier on the arms/back..

If u know your tunes and have them at the ready u can probably mix them faster on vinyl in my opinion.

I'm not agreeing with the statement that you need digital for speedmixing, but this is bollocks too...

If you've prepared your serato/traktor set, it's one push of a button and the next tune is ready to play, without taking a vinyl off and putting it in a sleeve,
even if you're faster than the speed of sound at putting on the next record, you're never going to beat that one push of a button.

Thats the thing alot of youth today only care about the music back in the day you would go to watch a dj it would be like going to see a show like when dj hype scratches or Andy on 3 decks Blackmarket with his magical torch the list goes on. Now tho djs are just stuck stairing into there laptop it has to be the most boring thing to watch ever so all you can do is listen because there is nothing to watch

Thats the thing alot of youth today only care about the music back in the day you would go to watch a dj it would be like going to see a show like when dj hype scratches or Andy on 3 decks Blackmarket with his magical torch the list goes on. Now tho djs are just stuck stairing into there laptop it has to be the most boring thing to watch ever so all you can do is listen because there is nothing to watch

im usually too fucked to see anything anyway..

Back
Top Bottom