serato face

and thats my point you kids dont care about the show anymore its all about the sounds which is all wrong might aswell put a hype cd on and just pretend he is there because nobody watches the dj anymore

Kind of a bad choice to use Hype tho as an example because he dont get put on cds anymore, Shit whats going on with this scene its breaking apart.

I'm not agreeing with the statement that you need digital for speedmixing, but this is bollocks too...

If you've prepared your serato/traktor set, it's one push of a button and the next tune is ready to play, without taking a vinyl off and putting it in a sleeve,
even if you're faster than the speed of sound at putting on the next record, you're never going to beat that one push of a button.

Fair comment. Never used it so i Genuinely had nothing to back this up! Lol

and thats my point you kids dont care about the show anymore its all about the sounds which is all wrong might aswell put a hype cd on and just pretend he is there because nobody watches the dj anymore

Kind of a bad choice to use Hype tho as an example because he dont get put on cds anymore, Shit whats going on with this scene its breaking apart.

I still look at the dj mate, the whole time I'm there. Except for when I'm buying a beer or rolling a spliff ;)

Fair comment. Never used it so i Genuinely had nothing to back this up! Lol

lol! Digital has a lot of benefits, you just have to look past the whole 'he's constantly looking at his laptop' or 'this fucktard with his stupid computer rerouting all the cables - ffffuuuu' ;)

Last edited:
The unplugging / plugging in bit. I dont mind so much as long as it doesn't interrupt my set. Which has happened 3 times to me!

no excuse for interrupting sets. i swapped over 2 decks on serato to 3 of traktor with no hassle last night.

The unplugging / plugging in bit. I dont mind so much as long as it doesn't interrupt my set. Which has happened 3 times to me!

That's definitely true, but that's just a wanker dj then, DVS can't help that, lol

I arrive, I ask the current dj which deck he's going to end with and ask to play a tune that lasts a few minutes, and when that's playing I rearrange the cables of the other deck,
so the next tune can be digital. When my digital track is playing I sort out the cables of the second deck and off I go...

I hope they're gonna make some changes in most setups that it's easier to switch between DVS & regular. It's really simple: a patchbay. Something that looks like the back of
the mixer (loads of connections) and is hooked up with the back of the mixer. The digital dj plugs in all his cables, and when the time is come to take over, you flip a switch and
done. No more hassle squirming around the previous dj to lay down all the cables and shit.

I'm planning on promoting a party next year, and I'm definitely going to make one of those.

No excuses. I'm a digital user, I'm mainly a producer. But sometimes I enjoy to play live.
As I don't own the Dj tools nor skills, I do my live with what is more familiar to me.
That's why I use Ableton, that gives me the freedom to use it for studio or live.

I definetely admit that watching a Dj juggling and spinning vinyls properly, it does make a magic show.
Also the sound of vinyls, even in a sound system, it's so much tasty! :)

If you've prepared your serato/traktor set, it's one push of a button and the next tune is ready to play, without taking a vinyl off and putting it in a sleeve,
even if you're faster than the speed of sound at putting on the next record, you're never going to beat that one push of a button.
This.

You can look at speedmixin djs nowadays like Crissy Criss or Camo & Krooked or AMC or now also Andy C who went from vinyl to traktor. So it gives you more time to think what tune you want to play even when speedmixin. If you're using vinyl you have to be REALLY fast to do all of it.
Also you really dont have to carry a huge recorbox, thats lot more convenient i think.
Once again Andy C for example manages both to look into the laptop and to interract with the crowd, not like eternally stoned Grooverider. So its just up to you how you do it.

No excuses. I'm a digital user, I'm mainly a producer. But sometimes I enjoy to play live.
As I don't own the Dj tools nor skills, I do my live with what is more familiar to me.
That's why I use Ableton, that gives me the freedom to use it for studio or live.

I definetely admit that watching a Dj juggling and spinning vinyls properly, it does make a magic show.
Also the sound of vinyls, even in a sound system, it's so much tasty! :)

I no right! these laptop dj's make me LOL

stop staring at the dj box admiring the guy and picturing yourselves holding hands skipping through a summer meadow and just enjoy yourself.

Thats the thing alot of youth today only care about the music back in the day you would go to watch a dj it would be like going to see a show like when dj hype scratches or Andy on 3 decks Blackmarket with his magical torch the list goes on. Now tho djs are just stuck stairing into there laptop it has to be the most boring thing to watch ever so all you can do is listen because there is nothing to watch

well unless i'm right at the front, i'm not seeing jack shit anyway, i'm only 5'4"

but i'm still LISTENING to hype scratching, i'm still LISTENING to andy tease a 3rd tune into 2 already playing...that's a show enough for me. I'm not all that interested in standing there watching the DJ press a button, nudge a record etc.

all this said, it does put a smile on my face if i see a DJ still spinning vinyl, and it makes me wish i could afford to, but it doesn't necessarily make a substantial improvement to my night out.

Last edited:
well unless i'm right at the front, i'm not seeing jack shit anyway, i'm only 5'4"

but i'm still LISTENING to hype scratching, i'm still LISTENING to andy tease a 3rd tune into 2 already playing...that's a show enough for me. I'm not all that interested in standing there watching the DJ press a button, nudge a record etc.

all this said, it does put a smile on my face if i see a DJ still spinning vinyl, and it makes me wish i could afford to, but it doesn't necessarily make a substantial improvement to my night out.

Agree.

if you're speedmixin' you have to either use serato or cdjs with USB's plugged in that have all your cue points set up
in other case you'll have people sleep at your set

are you for serious i only have 2 cdjs (i wish i had 4 cos it wud make life so much sweeter) but with these 2 i can still manage a good 2-3 songs a minute if i so wish... you just really need to no you cd case inside out and your songs

Back
Top Bottom