Sequencing: Live or FL Studio

Rerailed

I'm buying Reason 5 when I get enough moolah. I want a nice sequencer that has a simple interface and everything is integrated together.

For sequencing my Reason synths, should I get Live or FL?

My trial for live ran out for live and i didn't use it a lot because I didn't have a midi controller(M-Audio Keyrig 25) at the time.

Thanks.

I hate ableton... can't get my head around the wanky interface.

I would say FL cos it's cheaper, but if you're on MAC, then get Logic. If you're on PC, get Cubase.

Even the express versions will be good enough to start out on I think.

I hate ableton... can't get my head around the wanky interface.

I would say FL cos it's cheaper, but if you're on MAC, then get Logic. If you're on PC, get Cubase.

Even the express versions will be good enough to start out on I think.

When I was fooling around with ableton everything was too complicated. Anyway, Logistics uses the Reason + Cubase combination.

I can't find Cubase Sx but I can find essential. If I got cubase essential would it be fine for sequencing?

maybe you should try what you want and enjoy, what other people like and what producers use is really of no value.

why do you need a midi controller to use live?

ableton has a manual mode but to use that program to your advantage you need the midi controller. my brother has the one thats like a notepad with mpc drumpads all over it. among other things, he uses it to trigger parts of the song so he does the arrangement live.

i disagree. you need a midi controller just as much as you need one for any other daw, unless we are talking performing live, but i assume we arent.

if your talking about having rewire functionality use jeskola buzz as a sequencer. Its very complex but i haven't found anything that can't be controlled by its midi yet.

Reasons:

Do this because its free.
Do this because you can then migrate your sound theory to pretty much any platform after learning where things go and how they are routed.
Do this because you'll be doing something rather than nother until you can get a copy of cubase and reason.

Also talking about producers. Martsman uses buzz and he's gotten tracks signed to Med School.

Its how you use it :) hth

Logikz: yep its still around mate, i still use buzz hehe!
It's had a shit, shower and a shave since 2002, they made a (much needed) new release which fixed alot of that track crashing and stuff with a few internal tweaks, also the synth model is much nicer. Still uses the same format - the hexidecimal pattern editors,the straight forward numbered sequence lanes and the routing layout also some of the buzz community heavyweights released alot of nice custom trackers, samplers, synths and stuff.
Unwieldy tracker's (Utrk) functionality rivals that of kontakt and the likes... but for absolutely free! :D

Guys, if you live for the challenge, download it and add it to your production arsenal!

right i heard about that, apparently a buzz sampler wossname thats for free has the best soundquality of all. no aliasing whatsoever. anyway im getting it, going to be fun to mess with again.

Back
Top Bottom