Sennheiser HD25 / HD25 SP Mk1 Mk2 Blah Blah WHICH ONES????

Resist

Basically, I wanna get some new headphones.

I've searched the forum and generally most people seem to say that Sennheiser HD25's are the way to go.

But...

When I search online for some, there's different models available e.g. HD25 HD 25 SP Mk1 Mk2 etc etc

Which ones should I get?

Cheers for any help!

Resist

i was looking at a pair of sennheiser buds recently, your right, they have so many versions, it sucks.

i think basically the higher the model number the better the components and mark 2's are an updated version
and therefore you would hope are improved.

i was looking at a pair of sennheiser buds recently, your right, they have so many versions, it sucks.

i think basically the higher the model number the better the components and mark 2's are an updated version
and therefore you would hope are improved.

just read the description..

think there are versions with coiled cables and normal ones etc, doesnt make much of a difference i assume..

The SP's are the cheaper version. The headband is a lot more flimsy and the cans swivel around on their axis.

06%2007%202006sennheiser_hd-25sp.jpg

You can pick up a pair of HD-25's for anywwhere between £100 - £150. Shop around.

HD2512-3557fb1776a76ac0139885e4dcd3d3eb.jpg

Last edited:
The SP's are the cheaper version. The headband is a lot more flimsy and the cans swivel around on their axis.

06%2007%202006sennheiser_hd-25sp.jpg

You can pick up a pair of HD-25's for anywwhere between £100 - £150. Shop around.

HD2512-3557fb1776a76ac0139885e4dcd3d3eb.jpg

Iv always had these great headphones.. Im currently rocking the limited edition Adidas ones which are pretty sick.. not sure they are worth 200 mind but they were a gift so who cares

thumb

The blue looks cool, but the fact it says ADIDAS on them means me not like them, too cheesy IMO

Its basically a headband difference.

Doesn't really matter, you'll love them whichever you get.

Aside from the wire getting tangled occasionally i actually prefer how the SPs sit on your head.

The SPs are forever getting tangled round my throat. And, with the wire not being coiled i am forever tripping over it.

Its not just a beatmatching battle for me...

I heard the SPs have different audio drivers and don't sound as good. Is there any truth in this? They can't justify the difference in price with just a different headband.

I heard the SPs have different audio drivers and don't sound as good. Is there any truth in this? They can't justify the difference in price with just a different headband.

Possibly, haven't tested it as such but used both and didn't notice anything major. SPs still sound fantastic.

The SPs do use different drivers, but I haven't noticed any difference. I think the main difference is the impedance.

Back
Top Bottom