Sennheiser HD215-II

DJVendetta

Just got my pair today... I'm not impressed, I know they're not supposed to be the bassiest headphones ever but they kinda hurt my ears with the highs.

I'm using Traktor and the ASIO4ALL driver, I put bass boost on 50hz + 6db in windows for the default sound driver and it sounds much better but I can't do this in ASIO4ALL can I?
Any help would be appreciated,
Thanks.

I've read that you need to give time for the bass to 'break-in' which sounds like bullshit but they really are too 'tinny' and hurt my ears when I use them on Traktor (and I can't turn them down because I need to hear what I'm cueing...)

It's really bad in Traktor, they're unusable.

Last edited:
id rather say its traktor or your soundcard then. never really had any problems with them regardless of where i plugged em in. imo the sound is nearly as good as the 25s.

How can I boost the bass for the ASIO4ALL driver?! There's no setting. I have found that the ASIO4ALL drivers give much less bass than my standard drivers, if I'm listening to something in iTunes then go on Traktor (switch to ASIO4ALL) the sound is really tinny and I have to turn the bass up (on my speakers).

If I change the sound driver in Traktor to my default one, the headphones sound fine, it's just ASIO4ALL that's too much highs and not enough bass. Is there any way to change the eq settings for ASIO4ALL?

Last edited:
215's are awsome headfones, had mine for 5 years and they still sound the bollox dispite allot of abuse in various clubs n squats

You should be aware that Windows distorts any audio which it processes, when the volume is set above around 80%, check your routings and dont let windows get near your audio stream

This is really pissing me off now, they sound crap. I've been messing with my speaker settings and I've messed those up now so my speakers sound really weird... I shouldn't have to manually boost the bass for the headphones to sound good...

man you should not have to. its got nothing to do with the headphones!

if you come on here and ask for advice, you should read the replies ... download newer drivers, install everything properly etc pp.

It's really annoying, music sounds like it's been high-passed... ffs

something is obviously wrong isnt it! have you tried plugging them into a mixing desk or hifi or even a phone to check the headfones themselves?

if they still sound wrong, then you should get a replacement, because there is no way in the world that you could be this unhappy with a pair of 215's, they are imo the best sounding headfones you can get, no contest!

I understand that it's a problem with my audio drivers... I have to boost the bass for them to sound okay. Has everyone else just left their audio drivers how they were and the hd215s sound good?

I plugged them into my iphone and they were a bit tinny with the eq off but when I chose bass booster they were fine.

I understand that it's a problem with my audio drivers... I have to boost the bass for them to sound okay. Has everyone else just left their audio drivers how they were and the hd215s sound good?

I plugged them into my iphone and they were a bit tinny with the eq off but when I chose bass booster they were fine.

i didnt do anything and they always sounded right..

Have you tried installing a third party equalizer app, which you can assign to the ASIO4ALL driver and boost the bass from there? Quick google search reveals a few freeware candidates that might be worth checking out.

Have you tried installing a third party equalizer app, which you can assign to the ASIO4ALL driver and boost the bass from there? Quick google search reveals a few freeware candidates that might be worth checking out.

That's exactly what I need! How would I set it up?

Well just download one, install it and go through the options/preferences to assign it to the ASIO4ALL driver rather than your default windows sound driver I'd imagine.

Back
Top Bottom