Sennheiser HD 25-1 II. Any good for production?

elmaruk

slannndaaaaaaar
VIP Junglist
Sennheiser HD 25-1 II. Any good for production? [Bought & Reviewed]

anyone know?

Last edited:
Camo & Krooked use them for their productions, also heard good things from other artists. I have them aswell and I think they're really great.

bought a pair about 6 weeks ago..fuckin love them..
i got a mate who uses them for production.. he makes hardhouse, says there wicked for that!!

personaly i dont like using headphones id rather monitors..

they are easily good enough as long as you understand how a tune/mixdown tune should sound on them although i cannot ever trust my own mixdowns on headphones cause i need to feel that sub

pm everyone that knows their shit uses them in some way or another, i use just my macbook and a pair of hd25 mark 2's when producing... i feel that i don't need anything else tbh

Awesome. Everyone seems to be raving about them so I think I'll grab a pair on Friday.

Cheers guys.

personaly i dont like using headphones id rather monitors..

So would I. But my circumstances don't allow.

Monitors are always better indeed.

But those headphones are great. It gets so much use in the audio visual industry. I'm in the Brussels film school, and every teacher who has anything to do with sound or editing has them. I got a pair this summer and they're awesome. Sometimes a bit too much pressure on your head if you wear them for a really long time, but I've had much worse in that category... The pressure is a good thing for dj'ing though, 'cause it helps in blocking every other sound that's around you... The headphones were originally made for ENG, that explains a lot of its characteristics :)

not soo comfy when u have them on for ages
like ^^^^ said...too much pressure on the ears
good for djing though

Thanks for your input guys.

I've just ordered a pair.

These bad boys - Headphones

I hope their the right ones, their were a few different versions.

Lots of money was knocked off too!

They best be good.

I'll let you know how I get on with the tomorrow when they arrive.

lol :p

yeah those are the ones. You can buy the same headphones for something around 170 pounds (don't know exactly as I'm used to euros), it's exactly the same, but you get an extra pair of ear pads. Not really worth the money. And you can always go cheap DIY like Kama and make your own out of old pyjamas.

I use them for production and I love them. I have produced tracks soley with the headphones rather than my monitors and noticed improved mixdowns for sure.
I've heard other big names suggest them as well

Received the cans today and I just thought I'd put a little post up about what I think of them for anyone else who might be thinking about buying a pair.

I won't talk to much about the specs because to be honest I'm not really to hot on all that :P

Anyway,

Aesthetics
There not the most sleek and modern looking headphones out there but I like things simple and that's what they deliver. If your after that I'd take a peak at the Adidas version, if you prepared to pay the extra fifty or so. Anyway, In my situation looks aren't what I personally was going for, more the sound and accuracy.

Build
At first I thought they were a little flimsy. The cans themselves seem to be fairly robust but I can't help but feel the the headband seems to be a little flimsy. I might be being a little pedantic because I've just bought them and scared to push them to far at the moment but yeah, that's my thoughts. If anyone's owned them for longer and hasn't felt that I'd love to hear it.

I like the fact you can flip one phone, that'll come in handy & I was really impressed that you can separate the headband. At first I though they were broken until I realised it was adjustable.

Comfort
Very comfortable phones. Very impressed. After a short time It felt like I wasn't even wearing them. With the amount of adjust ability for both the headband and the cans I'm sure they will fit any noggin.

The Sound
The bit I was buying them for.

I'm very impressed. I've listened to a few different genres and felt the phones really did each one justest. At first I felt they did slightly lack In the High end but I listened to a few different tracks and put that down to the track it's self and not the cans.

Mids, sound sexy.

Lows, this was really important for me and anyone else making Bass heavy music. They sound really defined to me and don't overpower anything.

Volume. Usually I have to have my laptop on full volume to listen at the level I like to. These, they sound fine at 3/4's plus there's no bleed what so ever.

In all the whole sound Is very balanced & at the moment I can't fault them.

Extras
Putting aside the phones the box also contained a golden plated jack, new ear muffs & a carry bag. The ear muffs aren't a replacement, they are actually a different texture. But the bag, was a little upset about the bag. My £30 205's came with a nicer and more well made bag than the thin plastic bag these came with but I'm sure I'll get over that. They won't be leaving the studio anyway.

In all a great pair of headphones and I'd recommend them to anyone.

Hope this helped.

Last edited:
Received the cans today and I just thought I'd put a little post up about what I think of them for anyone else who might be thinking about buying a pair.

I won't talk to much about the specs because to be honest I'm not really to hot on all that :P

Anyway,

Aesthetics
There not the most sleek and modern looking headphones out there but I like things simple and that's what they deliver. If your after that I'd take a peak at the Adidas version, if you prepared to pay the extra fifty or so. Anyway, In my situation looks aren't what I personally was going for, more the sound and accuracy.

Build
At first I thought they were a little flimsy. The cans themselves seem to be fairly robust but I can't help but feel the the headband seems to be a little flimsy. I might be being a little pedantic because I've just bought them and scared to push them to far at the moment but yeah, that's my thoughts. If anyone's owned them for longer and hasn't felt that I'd love to hear it.

I like the fact you can flip one phone, that'll come in handy & I was really impressed that you can separate the headband. At first I though they were broken until I realised it was adjustable.

Comfort
Very comfortable phones. Very impressed. After a short time It felt like I wasn't even wearing them. With the amount of adjust ability for both the headband and the cans I'm sure they will fit any noggin.

The Sound
The bit I was buying them for.

I'm very impressed. I've listened to a few different genres and felt the phones really did each one justest. At first I felt they did slightly lack In the High end but I listened to a few different tracks and put that down to the track it's self and not the cans.

Mids, sound sexy.

Lows, this was really important for me and anyone else making Bass heavy music. They sound really defined to me and don't overpower anything.

Volume. Usually I have to have my laptop on full volume to listen at the level I like to. These, they sound fine at 3/4's plus there's no bleed what so ever.

In all the whole sound Is very balanced & at the moment I can't fault them.

Extras
Putting aside the phones the box also contained a golden plated jack, new ear muffs & a carry bag. The ear muffs aren't a replacement, they are actually a different texture. But the bag, was a little upset about the bag. My £30 205's came with a nicer and more well made bag than the thin plastic bag these came with but I'm sure I'll get over that. They won't be leaving the studio anyway.

In all a great pair of headphones and I'd recommend them to anyone.

Hope this helped.

You lucky fuck, it wasn't the basic edition since you have the extra pair of muffs. And yeah, the bag is a bit of a downside, but i take 'em to school if i have to work there and nothing ever happened to them. The bag prevents the cable being damaged by getting caught between books, my macbook and other junk. Most of the time (with me) the cable is the first thing that really messes up a pair of headphones. If the bag prevents that i have to solder a new cable and shit, i'm quite happy with it.

Back
Top Bottom