sennheiser 600 amp??

d3ceptacon

wow two pounds
Hi there,

i am going to be starting out producing drum and bass, im thinking about getting some hd600's from what i have read seems the best bet, as where i live atm i cant really be using studio speakers... but i have also read people saying i will need an amp to go with them...

As i am compleatly new i have no idea what i need to be buying can someone help me out, as to what i will need.

regards,
lewis.

Last edited:
get an interface not an amp. Can plug in instruments/mics and if you ever get speakers, then youve got that option aswell. The 2 links i posted are examples, i use those headphones but have an edirol fa-66, the headphone amp on it is very nice, displays lows perfectly with no rumble thud... Ive also used a focusrite pro 14 but had terrible headphone amplification. If you have never produced music ever and your thinking about starting it, i wouldnt spend over 200 on cans, no way, unless you know for a fact you are completely committed.. are you just gonna torrent the daw, plugs, samples and synths though? cause if not that will cost you, just get some 80quid cans, the daw and start making sound man!

Thanks a lot for that reply mate you've helped me out loads there... i am 100% committed, i gave ableton a go a couple of years back and didn't really crack on that much, so this time im gonna give it 100%, gonna buy ableton and plug ins, id like to use fl but ive just got a mac and you cant use it on that :( i really do want the 600's though im not really trying to save as much as i can, so would that amp be decent for traveling purposes and get that one you have recommended aswell? are there anymore like the one you posted but may be better and save me money in the long run mate?

go for it man, abletons good, logics good too. the thing is, i wouldnt get anything lower in price/quality if your gonna be blasting the 600's through it.. its like having a 1000bhp engine in a family car with stock suspension lol, im not familiar with the can amps man so i cant really recommend anything like that, but dont see the interfaces are un travel friendly.. some are very compact i have from own experience moved around easily with my ediroll,

http://www.gear4music.com/Recording...ents-Komplete-Audio-6-USB-Audio-Interface/FZQ
http://www.gear4music.com/Recording-and-Computers/Focusrite-Scarlett-2i4-USB-Audio-Interface/MVG

they wont be used for speakers, but just take into consideration the output count, or a monitor controller, for when the time comes, cause i for one, have 2 monitors a sub and a mono reference speaker setup and i have to switch them around all the time... but for what you will be doing now one of those type of things in the links will be more than enough

Thanks man helped me loads

Do you reckon the native one is better? Also will that handle the output on my 600's better than the output if I used that portable thing? The 600's are like 200Ohms arnt they...

Thanks again for the help man Definitely gonna give ableton a good crack...

Lewis

yeah i would say so man, its got a lot more ins and outs and its got a awesome vol dial. compared to the interface only without the amp? most likely not... i mean as i said im not too familiar with can amps but your still gonna get super clear audio without it... i mean, if you run the interface into the comp then into the amp with the cans, the amp might separate the mids more and give more clarity but how much better im not sure... id have a search around for that sort of stuff and that combination for that matter, good luck, if you get stuck on other stuff give me a shout!

Back
Top Bottom