Sending tracks to labels

Solace

VIP Junglist
Well, I'm not producing very long, but I've thought sending 1 or 2 tracks at some small label. (you never know right?!)
But I have no clue how to start this...
Also, I have no any insight in label-stuff, so no idea how that stuff works.

So, the questions...
How do I find a label? I've come across a few, but those are (to my thoughts), out of my league. Is there some site with labels, or a way to find labels easily?
How do I pick a label? Do I pick one from my area? Or just one that seems to fit my bill?
I guess the 'how to send a track' will be on their site/page, so I wont worry about that.
How do I choose what track I send? Because now, I always think that my tracks are 'alright', but when I keep thinking that, I'll get nowhere...

I know, these questions might sound 'noobish', but I got to know, right?

that link was extremely helpful, but even after some googling, I couldn't find answers to most of my questions..
Most sites are goaled towards bands, not electronic music (so surely not dnb)

Hmm, well facebook is a really good way to get into contact with labels, mind you that they usually get loads of messages so it may be sucked into the void.

In general you want to send stuff to labels that fit your music style, good for you though is that from my experience dnb labels are relatively easy to find : ).

id avoid small labels and just release stuff for free.

small labels cant offer anything in my experience. they wont pay, wont advertise more than you if youd do it on yourself, and generally have a small fanbase either ways.

do it yourself, no need for small labels.

liking the tune in your sig btw :)

Back
Top Bottom