Sending to different channels and all that..

ApeCat

Human Dubplate
VIP Junglist
What the hell?

I'm trying to split the frequencies without having to clone my synth two times, so I'm using the send function in the mixer [FL Studio 9] and so ar so good, now I have three channels, but the original one still dictates what goes on in the other two, so I can't low pass that, band pass the next and high pass the third, 'cos that would be band and high passing the lowpassed noise.

Or is that exactly what I'm supposed to?

Electronic dance music, I am confuse...

Been a while since i used fruity but if i remember correctly it goes a little something like this...

Send the synth to a single channel on the mixer, from there, click on that channel in the mixer so its highlighted, underneath the master channel you should see an arrow, this is telling you that channel is routed to the master channel. What you need to do is click it to disable it, now click under three other channels so your original synth is being routed from mixer channel one, to channels two three and four.

Also make sure to disable the arrow under the master channel for each of these individual channels because you then want to re route all three channels back into one, before going to the master, this way you can add compression to the whole group, eq etc.

Now back to the channels, so youve got a single synth, going into channel one on the mixer, then routed to three seperate channels, one for low, one mid and one high, then all routed back into a final channel befofe being routed back to the master channel.

Here you eq each of the channels as needed, and add various fx to the channels without effecting the other bits

Last edited:
Cheers mate, that did the trick!

Watching old dnb documentaries on YouTube, that shit is inspirational; can't wait to get back to town to start my very own live drum and bass band, but these lickle breakthroughs I'm going through with the computer music aren't a bad substitute either!

Back
Top Bottom