Sending Me the Sun

Liking the beat in this, seems well engineered. Interesting sounds and stuff, lots going on. Im not sure what to say about the bass, the warping effects are cool but I dont really like its sound. Neat track tho, keep it up

hey man, im liking the vibe on this, ur drums need some high end to them, i guess mainly ur snare is what i mean, its flat, needs some more weight or more sparkle, if you know what i mean! like the melody and all tho, got a cool vibe i think!

nice one mate ! loved the little break around 2:09
bass are nice, maybe sub a little louder ? i'm listening on headphones so this opinion might be invalid
i agree with EvezDroppin too, snare lacks of weight

I tend to agree with the above comment about the snare but I'm not going to I love how the drums are a bit flat but still prominent enough to really feel dat riddim, it creates a nice feel of endlessness in the drums. Also great to see that you use Reason as well I couldn't think of any other DAW to work in personally, how's the new Echo Unit I WANT DAT.

Gonna have to treat myself to Reason 6, does look like its opened a lot of doors now.. Quite like that man, only on my laptop, so cant give an in depth review.. Only thing i'd say though is the overall track sounded quite thin and dry if you know what i mean.. But could be the craptop speakers :)

Gonna have to treat myself to Reason 6, does look like its opened a lot of doors now.. Quite like that man, only on my laptop, so cant give an in depth review.. Only thing i'd say though is the overall track sounded quite thin and dry if you know what i mean.. But could be the craptop speakers :)

this.

I liked the theme, the bass is pretty neat aswell, but it lacks impact if you know what I mean.. I like the pitch sweeps btw, the reece part is well done. Maybe add a hipassed version on the bass with some distortion and comb filter on the sides to get a bit more the KOAN Sound / Neosignal bass ?

Anyway, add some reverb, high end, adjust some levels (all mixdown/mastering things) and it could be even tighter than it is now, bring it on! ^^
By the way I'm fckn jealous that ur using reason 6.5. I want dat. :O

Overall its really good, liking the kind of weird acid feel to the sounds. However there are some really annoying frequencies in the higher area of the drums in the snare or the hats, can't put my finger on it really. Drums are a bit flat as mentioned before but as I said, in the big picture this is some great stuff! :D

Sounds good,but i have to agree with everybody else about drums i have feeling that you made some cuts in low mids try heavier comp on them and then layer some white noise(bp filter on noise and play with cutoff and resonance),but bass sounds pretty neat!Overall very interesting tune!

I swear i have already commented on this? Maybe I"m going mental.....But yeah i Like it, think the bass and drums work well enough together, apart from its not really bass in the true sense of the word, kinda more like mid/high growls, would like some subbbbbbb! safe.

Back
Top Bottom