Sending demo's to record labels?

Tronix

Hi just wondering if anyone had knowledge of some record labels drop box's or aim or w/e really i just finish a Deep Minimal track and i fancy my chances lol.

thank Tronix. :O

get on soundcloud drop boxes, upload a private download of the tune if you are confident so they can grab it, lots of labels pushing minimal music from unknown artists atm :)

Send it to a label that would be interested in hearing that kinda sound. IE dont send it to Smokin Riddims.

Shameless bit of self promotion there Freek lol!

haha i know i know!! :) but we do have quite a few deep dark and minimal bits signed :) as pete said make sure you're sending it to the right type of labels and dont send to jumpup labels lol!!

i've been looking but i'm really not sure what label to send it to :S you guys know any other label also that might be interested. here a link of what type of stuff it is.

: http://soundcloud.com/tronixdubstep/tronix-animal

thanks for all the help btw guys im clueless on this type of stuff never even sent a demo before lol also sweet tune on your label cheese.

Tronix

to me "deep minimal" would be more along the lines of the autonomic sound. this track is more of a techy, minimal sound like Data. off the top of my head ingredients is one of the best labels for that sound. so from there i would do a bit a research like look up ingredients on rdb (http://www.rolldabeats.com/label/ingredients_records), then see what other labels their artists have released on, and take that list of labels and search for them on soundcloud. also research labels to make sure they will actually promote your work and not just toss it up on a digital site and forget about you (you can check other dnb forums to see how well received they are etc).

i would have 3 or 4 equally strong tracks ready before sending demos. if i get a demo and i'm unsure about the artist, the first thing i do is ask for more examples of their work and other labels have done the same with me. ;)

sorry i have a tendency to ramble on about things :lol:

just search through tunes on something like junowdownload and when you find tunes similar to yours look what label they are on and keep a note of it, then pick a couple that you think are most suited and send to them
also really feeling the tune at the link you posted man :)

wow :) thank for the idea yeah i didnt think to just go on juno and check some artist/music that similar and then try email/find the record label :) cheers. This is a very helpful thread.
Tronix

yes, juno is cool too and the section for "other users also bought..." is useful.

Yeah. Soundcloud is great because you can see if it's been played by them.

Just keep it short and sweet, and most importantly make sure you have a good quality mastered track, then send it absolutely everywhere. EVERYWHERE.

Yeah. Soundcloud is great because you can see if it's been played by them.

Just keep it short and sweet, and most importantly make sure you have a good quality mixed track, then send it to labels/djs that would appreciate your music .

fixed.

I just wanna put in my two cents about demos...

To anyone that knows me and my music, they would instantly pigeon-hole me as "jump-up", so when i started Multi Function Music and was looking for demos, i got bombarded by every kind of wibble wobble sound out there!
yes, given, the first 4 releases were jump up but im not looking for just jump-up, good quality music is the main thing i listen out for.
Ive got 3 brand new artists that are working with Multi Function and none of them make jump up, they are making some brilliant peices of music, thats it.

the next release is a couple of deep rollers from Voltage, then theres a various artists liquid EP (including my first ever liquid track ;)

So im my opinion, dont just expect a label to only like the kind of things they've previosuly released. Because if a jump up label only recieves jump up demos then they're only gonna release jump up where maybe they wanna release differant styles aswell as jump up... too much jump up in one sentence.

you may agree or not but thats how i personaly see things.
good luck with the demo anyway

i wanna relive this thread, as i keep seeing people say sent it such and such label... can you guys please say how you did it, for future use would be nice to have them all in one thread

thanks guysssss

- - - Updated - - -

i wanna relive this thread, as i keep seeing people say sent it such and such label... can you guys please say how you did it, for future use would be nice to have them all in one thread

thanks guysssss

There are mainly 4 ways to send demos:
1. Using the SC dropbox, keeping the track private for that label so they will only hear it.
2. Using email, either sending the mp3 or a linkin the email message.
3. Using AIM, sending tracks to labels like sending stuff to your friends over a chat application (you will need to download the free software obviously)
4. Some labels have a section on their website where you upload the track directly to them. Here is an example using Hospital Records:
https://www.hospitalrecords.com/demos/

Each label has either 1 or more of these methods. Make sure that the track is mixed quite well and don't be dishearted if you get nothing back. Keep on finessing your tracks and someday a label will reply to you :)

thanks man... i dont plan on any time soon but the day will come where this will come in handy.. have u heard from any of ur attempt yet?

Oil Factory / Old Military I heard totally nothing from Grid, Dispatch and Alignment but at least I think found a place on a EP which still need to be confirmed with a label (already got 2 tracks in, so the EP might actually happen).
And just today, I've sent a new track to Med School (it's in the new talent section as well) so we will have to wait and see.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom