selling mix cds

so special

hi

just a bit of legal advice..

can you sell remixed copyrighted tracks on a mix cd where someone pays for the album art and gets the 'mix cd free' when buying..?

surely this could not infringe copyright laws as the buyer only pays for album art?

Yup if you are planning to sell mixes without the label's/artist's copyright permission then expect to get a major fine. When I was working back in the record shop, some customer come in one day and was telling me about how he done a house set with a load of Ministry Of Sound releases on, and he sold copies of the mix. They found out about it and he ended up paying about £10,000 to Ministry.

but wat about one nation packs an so on they dont need permision from the artist do they??
if the dont just put abit of crowd noise on ur mix an say it was live!lol

but wat about one nation packs an so on they dont need permision from the artist do they??
if the dont just put abit of crowd noise on ur mix an say it was live!lol

If your releasing and making a profit from anything with someones copyrighted material on it, be it a CD, DVD or anything else, you need permisson no matter who you are. Its only fair really as without doing it your taking 100% of the profit for whats only 50% your work.

someone pays for the album art and gets the 'mix cd free' when buying..?

must be some good album art...

you should contact the artists
and explain this "logic" of yours
to them...

im sure if you were to explain
it that way they would understand...

i mean it doesnt come across at
all like your just trying to rip someone
off for their hard work and then justify
it to your self in whatever retarded
way you possibly can does it....?

produce yur own tracks and sell them. That will be true satisfaction.
you cant sell what aint yours. thats called piracy

Back
Top Bottom