Drum & Bass Selective Hearing - Feat. Hashkey (Original Mix)

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by skepsisdnb, Mar 3, 2016.

1. skepsisdnb

skepsisdnb Member

Another bit thrown up on my page, pretty heavy on the wobbles with this one later into the bassline.

Comments always cool :D

daveyberkowitz likes this.
  2. maschinistom

maschinistom Active Member

hey skepsis. love the chords in this one. rocks my speakers. the could be even a bit more prominent, some EQing and additional effects maybe? the hard hit at 1:25 is way too loud, need to reset volume. otherwise a nice club tune !! (y)

3. skepsisdnb

skepsisdnb Member

thanks man i was wondering if it was too loud i'mma do that up in a bit!

4. maschinistom

maschinistom Active Member

maybe don't change velocity or volume, just try EQing or some effects. should move the chords a bit more in the front. (y)

5. Phonik

Phonik New Member

Yeah man this is tight. I'd say to get that kick really pushing through the mix, try a touch of additional layering (possibly a high hat/high frequency transient)! Would also love to hear some kind of break in there occasionally, can really add to the overall energy of the track. Another thing I noticed is that the high hats seem a tad lacking in volume! But overall nice work dude + Helios bangs!

6. skepsisdnb

skepsisdnb Member

mix is sounding alright now, there was some issues with the percussion that resulted in me cutting a lot of it out. i'd upload it but i don't have a pro soundcloud account at this time and my days of reuploading and taking shit down is well over haha.

7. Phonik

Phonik New Member

Cool man well I'll take your word for it! Always remember to use reference tracks :)