Sek'tr Nine - Nexus (unmastered)

sektr9

Hey all, this is the first track I have been working on under the Sek'tr Nine Name. I have done a lot to it, but just not 100% satisfied, not sure if it is because I have spent too much time on it, or if there really is something missing, but please, let me know what you think and toss some feedback, good or bad!

Once my FB page hits 100 likes and this track is complete I will post it for free download, but for now, just a stream ;)

Lol, gotta do something to encourage listeners! Hah, I could just start spamming local buddies for likes, but the point of this project is to step out of the circle and share some tunes with strangers, hopefully get an honest opinion, or, wishful thinking but, label attention ;)

Nice track! I like the intro a lot. I think the levels of the drums after the drop could use some work, the kick and shakers are a decent volume but the snare and the extra bits of percussion could definitely come through more. I think the sound design on the bass could use a bit of work as well, maybe an extra layer of distortion/filtering? Finish it and you'll have a great track!

I agree with teh drums, thats something I am tackling before mastering, and also changing up some of the bass line arrangement a couple bars in. Not really sure where else to take the bass as far as resampling and filtering, dont really want to mess with it too much more, but i hear what you mean
Thanks for the feedback!

I like this track allot but once we get to 1.50 in the bass looses all its power and the drums cut through to much. I would look at reducing the volume of those drums but i do love their drive so not too much. Keep up the good work :)

Added some Camelphat to the bass and did some rearrangement as well, I think that should cover the lack of power after the 1:50 mark. The drums I am working out in the final mix and master today/tonite. Getting some of the lads over to start on a new collab as well, so I may have something new to post by the end of the weekend! Thanks for the feedback so far!

I think the choice of percussion and how you used it is pretty sick. The bass could have a bit more variation perhaps, or even a few highs in there. Idont know if it was just my headfones but the shakers felt a little loud, so could bring that down a bit. Apart from that, excellent job!

Finally got some arrangements on the secondary basslines that I think will sound much better and keep the flow, and did adjust the highs on the perc. I didn't hear it until I put it in my car lol. Thanks again for the feedback! hoping it will be done tonite/tomorrow and I will repost it ;)

Dont know how version 1 sounded but this is really good. loving the drums very clear on headphones anyway and the percs are cleverly slotted in here and there for intrest. bass line really good aswell varies enough in my opinion to keep me hooked, all wrapped around that quality little techno stab nice i dnt usually go for this heavy sound but i enjoy this one.

Back
Top Bottom