Seeking help in my tribal search!

Mr Fletch

aka KRONIX
VIP Junglist
I very rarely ask for help when it comes to searching for stuff, but I've hit a brickwall! I'm searching for tribal sounds ( I know it's a vague term) whether it be tribal drum hits / loops etc, vocal chants, atmospheres or anything really.

I've trawled through the depth's of freesound.org and stumbled on a couple of gems, but nothing more, so this is where I turn to you guys. Do any of you have some tribal stuff you'd share? or know somewhere where I could fill up my sample bank?

Any help is appreciated

I know the meanbeat samples floating around has a good amount of those tabla drums, not sure if that is to your liking? Also, while not being exactly tribal, raggaeton/dancehall sample packs tend to have some nice stuff in that direction.
I don't have any as everything went kaput with my drive. I'll look into my backup HDD and see if I can find something, but haven't updated that disk for a year, lol. The Halion sampler in Cubase can really surprise you when you look into it, too - if you use Cubase, of course.

Besides, who needs tribal when you got donk? :D

The "5000 drumhits" pack has tons of percussion samples in the "BIGBADR" (or something) folder, I think it's the top one.

One classic tribal drum is called a djembe- I have one, it's good fun to play. That might help you with your googling and sample searching.
Could you try sampling some traditional african folk songs of some sort? There will be plenty of good vocals in there.
Either that or just sample from the lion king.

the loops from apples garage band are not bad.

also there is a lot of african folk music. sample them -> torrent is calling

Back
Top Bottom