Seeking help in my tribal search!

Discussion in 'Production' started by Mr Fletch, Mar 6, 2014.

1. Mr Fletch

Mr Fletch aka KRONIX

I very rarely ask for help when it comes to searching for stuff, but I've hit a brickwall! I'm searching for tribal sounds ( I know it's a vague term) whether it be tribal drum hits / loops etc, vocal chants, atmospheres or anything really.

I've trawled through the depth's of freesound.org and stumbled on a couple of gems, but nothing more, so this is where I turn to you guys. Do any of you have some tribal stuff you'd share? or know somewhere where I could fill up my sample bank?

Any help is appreciated

2. Boooke

Boooke Member

I know the meanbeat samples floating around has a good amount of those tabla drums, not sure if that is to your liking? Also, while not being exactly tribal, raggaeton/dancehall sample packs tend to have some nice stuff in that direction.
    I don't have any as everything went kaput with my drive. I'll look into my backup HDD and see if I can find something, but haven't updated that disk for a year, lol. The Halion sampler in Cubase can really surprise you when you look into it, too - if you use Cubase, of course.

Besides, who needs tribal when you got donk? :D

3. Sultanare

Sultanare Active Member

4. EevilTwynne

EevilTwynne New Member

5. ApeCat

ApeCat Human Dubplate

The "5000 drumhits" pack has tons of percussion samples in the "BIGBADR" (or something) folder, I think it's the top one.

6. smoothassilk

smoothassilk Active Member

One classic tribal drum is called a djembe- I have one, it's good fun to play. That might help you with your googling and sample searching.
    Could you try sampling some traditional african folk songs of some sort? There will be plenty of good vocals in there.
    Either that or just sample from the lion king.

7. Von Herzog

Von Herzog Member

the loops from apples garage band are not bad.

also there is a lot of african folk music. sample them -> torrent is calling

8. Mason John

Mason John 21st Junta

You don't wanna fuck with Disney like that :S