Secret Hates!

Greg P

VIP Junglist
Y'know how sometimes a tune comes out that is a big tune, by a respeted producer, in a style that you like, but for some reason your just not into it?

Here's mine
Commix - Be True
D-Bridge - True Romance

Can't explain why I don't like them, and I like both of these guys' other stuff, and they're really swell produced but something just doesn't do it for me for both of these... the melody maybe? I dunno...

Anyone else got any of these - I don't want to know about tunes that uoi just don't like - I'm sure we've all got loads of those, but tunes that you should like but don't...

I usually keep quiet about tunes like this, but it's time to come clean!

greg man, maybe you need to clean your ears out*

I know man... I know! Weird isn't it?

I know they're great tunes, I just don't like them and I dunno why...

It's like when you meet a hot girl who you know looks hot but you're just not into her...

ill have to agree on the commix - be true i bought it but ive never played it i dont ever wanna put it in a mix thers just something about it , im like that with alot of tunes i find

Im not a great lover of Hazard. He has done some class tunes but I dont think he's all that as a mixer. I wouldnt say I hate his stuff at all, tunes like use your brain are blinding but just dont rate a lot of his recent stuff. Never seen what all the fuss with Machete was all about.

On another note, Jo Whiley has been rinsing a lot (far too much) of pendulum. The sooner that novelty wears off the better.

[Politrix];274837 said:

I'm not a great fan of Hazard, I'm fairly indifferent to his stuff, but I secretly quite like machete...(shhhh!)

Maybe I should start up another thread Called "Secret Loves"?

I dont like Vault that much! Sorry! I liked it at the time but got really bored of it. Despite being one of the few peeps here to stand up for Pendulum and what they are doing now i really hated their dnb sound on Kaos after 31.. In fact i pretty much hated Kaos full stop...

Breakbeat Kaos.. everything they put out i thought was cheesesy. I interviewed Fresh before he set the label up and he was chatting about he was gonna do a label to rival Headz, just putting out quality.. yeah right! Its an opinion but that label put out nothing but cheese... cheese that sold well but stilll cheesesy tunes! (I liked Floodlight kinda but that came on DOA... ) He was trying something different but to me it just sounded cringey.

Adam's hip hop Kaos stuff was cool, and the remixes of the hip hop stuff were heavy but im on about BBK only... ok

Oh and i hated Subfocus Xray.. its the pendulum-esque mid range shit that was good for about 5 mins now its just rinsed.. cheese and bass ..

And Greg you are actually mental.. both those tunes are in my mind perfect dnb tunes.. lol. I love rolling deep bass. The production is spot on.

its only opinions ... before people get mental.. lol

Oh and i bet bare peeps are gonna say disco dodo ..lol.. i can see it coming already...

Last edited:
:werd:

Driver has grown on me...if only someone good would do a remix...like didlinja :who_wants

Driver and the Old Texaco Garage are wicked! those tuens were produced old style on an old sampler so they sound good... and The Old Texaco Garage is really cool..like Game Over rolling jump up not disjointed loud and full of weird noises
it just needs fatter bass imo

And Greg you are actually mental.. both those tunes are in my mind perfect dnb tunes.. lol. I love rolling deep bass. The production is spot on.
Couldn't agree with you more, they're fucking great, well produced tunes, by producers I rate... I honestly must be mental :confused:

Couldn't agree with you more, they're fucking great, well produced tunes, by producers I rate... I honestly must be mental :confused:

lol!

u have issues lol

On the secret love tip.. ive always liked vocal dnb even cheesy stuff like LK, shake ur body, etc ... i love a good singing voice.. i love soul.. i reallly liked In Love .. one of the best vocal dnb tunes ever

plus i also rate Pendulum's new album lol

Back
Top Bottom