Second hand decks

Matt_47

VIP Junglist
Gonna buy some second hand decks off ebay.. hopefully some used technics. Are there any things in particular which I should watch out for when buying used decks? They'll be my first set of decks so I don't really know what to look out for..

Cheers

Its funny you should ask mate cus I just looked at Technics 1210's and the is a single one going for £51

Cheap 2nd hand 1210's are bound to have problems...
People make out that these decks are indestructable, but there not. I've known mates to buy Technics for under £100, and it was money truely wasted. Weak tonearms, dodgey pitch, torque problems. Your better off spending the extra buck then having the hassel.

My only other advice... If they're old, make sure they've been serviced...

Try cash converters. They were going for £175 each, ended up brining em down to £300 for the pair. Carts,lids included and they were mint condition.

Try cash converters. They were going for £175 each, ended up brining em down to £300 for the pair. Carts,lids included and they were mint condition.

This is the truth.

Also, if you can buy from your area or are willing to travel you might be able to get a deal.

If you can see them in person you can check the timing on the decks by looking at the spots on the platter. Don't forget, if you buy them cheap and the pitch is fucked, not all is lost there are loads of people who can service them right back up to scratch.(y)

As I always say, put an advert in the trade it or your local buy/sell mag that you looking for some 1210's or whatever it is you looking for, some smack 'ed will pick up on the advert, then within' about an hour will have your decks, and he/she will have his/her drug money, happy days... apart from whoevers been robbed : )

thanks for your help guys!

So I think I've decided I might buy a pair of second hand Numark TT500 decks with a DM2050 Mixer, sennheiser headphones, leads etc.. the guy said he'd chuck a few dnb vinyl in too! He's selling it all for 200 and he said everythings in good nick except a new needle is needed on 1 deck. I'm probably going to check it out and buy it some point next week.

What kind of things should I be looking for when I go and see it? I know it's used so there's a risk, but I really don't want to have to be going to a dj shop every few weeks to get it sorted! I've only DJ'd with MIDI controllers so far so at the moment I'm a bit clueless!

Thanks very much!

yeah there could be multiple things wrong with them.
the last pair i had, had a fucked pitch.
pissed me right off, although i was borrowing them so it wasnt like i spent loads of money on them

thanks for your help guys!

So I think I've decided I might buy a pair of second hand Numark TT500 decks with a DM2050 Mixer, sennheiser headphones, leads etc.. the guy said he'd chuck a few dnb vinyl in too! He's selling it all for 200 and he said everythings in good nick except a new needle is needed on 1 deck. I'm probably going to check it out and buy it some point next week.

What kind of things should I be looking for when I go and see it? I know it's used so there's a risk, but I really don't want to have to be going to a dj shop every few weeks to get it sorted! I've only DJ'd with MIDI controllers so far so at the moment I'm a bit clueless!

Thanks very much!

check out Vestax

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Vestax-PDX-20...66:2|39:1|72:1690|240:1318|301:0|293:1|294:50

Last edited:
i use vestax decks currently (PDX2000), after years of being Technics (i learnt on them)
and i can assure you they are really good decks, havent used numark ones beforebut something about they they look puts me off them. ive never heard anyone saying about how good they are, or if they last. best bang for the buck would be of course second hand good condish 1200/1210's if you can find a deal, barring that i would look at Vestax PDX or even the Stanton ST8150's if you can a good price for them

Back
Top Bottom