Seba - Steel/Piemo for B (Paradox Music 04)

Discussion in 'Drum & Bass' started by sli, Aug 30, 2004.

1. sli

sli Member

I’ve only recently got into the releases from the paradox music camp. I recently bought seba & paradox – you didn’t see it did you? (paradox music 03) and was very please with my purchase. After this I thought I should make sure that I keep an eye out for anymore releases. I was then confronted with Seba – Steel/ Piemo for B.

Steel – This is the track that does it for me, and from what I’ve heard does it for a lot of other people too! It begins with a clean, crisp break with a cut up and filtered amen to give it a slightly heavier feel to the already light and airy feel. Then a sublime male vocalist enters the tune and the tunes builds up nicely from the beats laid down previously. By this point the tune has set the intro, and there is not first breakdown but vocals bring the track to a point where the deep bassline is introduced. The bass has a warm and clean feel to it and rides along the track perfectly with the vocals, beats, and background synths. The vocals swim in and out of the tune, as not to dominate the tune and giving the synths and bassline time to breathe. There is no second breakdown as such, and because of the brilliant arrangement of the track this is no noticed and you ride the track from start to finished, which is why I find myself often listening to the track entirely on its own while sitting back and chilling (a rare thing I find with a tune these days). I just hope seba can make some more gems like this one, I hope an album is in the pipeline at some point! there needs to be more dnb albums for listening, not that I’m saying this one shouldn’t be for the dance floor.

Piemo for B – The second track is a more dub affair with just the drum edits to impress. And impress he does. Although this track is not as exciting as the A side it does have a lot of similarities, it starts off with another, different, clean break but this time instead of the amen there is that well known ‘clanging’ from tighten up. He has put a lot of effort into the arrangement of the cymbals taken from the tighten up and then laid some complementing sounds over the top here and there to spice them up. As there is a lack of vocals for this track the bassline is more interesting than steel and has a greater presence. The bassline enters in the same way in steel, no breakdown, into two different basslines which are used to form a melody, one not interrupting the other. You can tell when the middle breakdown approaches as a speech sample starts and slowly the breaks fade away into the background and the pads start then the bassline stops and the sample becomes clearer. The pads then take over but only for a short time and the main break comes back in over the pads, with another break cut in every so many bars. A simpler bassline kicks in and then the tune builds up back to full pace. The exit is a similar story with each of the parts of the tune carefully removed until the pads are left floating into the distance.

:rave:

2. Cube

Cube www.exegene.com

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
    seba delivers the goods again! :crazy:

3. Kubatko

Kubatko Execute The Sounds

re

!!!Definitely The Best Release For 2004!!!

:1: