Seba - Painted Sky (CalmPete Remix) Hit or Miss?

develop it, who cares whether the mongrels on here think if you should bother. The original is sick, so the remix has already got potential. I like what you've done so far why not go futher, it's certainly not finished yet.

not totally keen on the wobbley saw you bring in but it's your remix so sup to you

Nautilus, only you can decide if its worth going ahead with it, bring something you are happy with to the table and ask for some feedback.

thanks for responding. Although I am sure EVERYONE is about fed up with hearing painted sky remixes, I'll try and finish out something worthy of listening to for learning purposes (specifically wobbles and drops....something I know im terrible at). I've been struggling to understand how people make their tracks sound so crisp and clear. Is it done just through eq? or is there some other secret?

I would certainly work further on this one, its sounding well. I like that wobble bass, but maybe make it sounding a bit more liquid, dreamy. And level the bass- drums a bit. I think the drums are a bit too silent. But you're on a good way, il would certainly not give up on this one!

Nice work, keep at this one! Really like the use of the keys to build the drop. and personally i think the drum work was done pretty well, maybe a bit more behind the kick though cause it seems to get lost a bit once all the sounds come in (though I am just listening through some headphones right now).

heres a little update, i've unfortunately had much less time than anticipated, so this is about an additional hour/hour and a half of work. Academics put a major damper on everything.

and, i need to find a way to make the bass less annoying, more interesting.

please listen to the end part, I'm considering cutting out the entire first portion and working off that, as it sounds much more satisfying.

Last edited:
still a bit too overcrowded. Kick is nice, might bring it down slightly, need more on the snare & percs. Bass is too loud. What have you sidechained?

Got it. With only a pair of 205's on my dome, and the inability to play loudly on my speakers while at college, a proper EQ will probably happen after the contest comes to a close. Although I will take any critiquing, I am somewhat limited in what I can do for EQ and leveling because of what I currently own. Hopefully when I buy a proper set of speakers, I will be able to make everything sound much more professional and clear, as I know I am seriously lacking in that area.
So, mostly...how is the composition? are people digging it or is it meh. I personally like how it has turned out so far, but feel free to rain on my parade, its only going to help me in the future!

Back
Top Bottom