Seba - Painted Sky (CalmPete Remix) Hit or Miss?

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by Nautilus, Feb 25, 2011.

1. Nautilus

Nautilus Member

Updated completely: Very different, only about 2 minutes worth, but I hope its different enough that people are willing to give it a listen. .

Last edited: Mar 10, 2011
  2. Nautilus

Nautilus Member

bump for feedback? not sure if I should keep with it, try a new approach or move onto the next project.

3. Scatcat

Scatcat It don't mean shit

develop it, who cares whether the mongrels on here think if you should bother. The original is sick, so the remix has already got potential. I like what you've done so far why not go futher, it's certainly not finished yet.

4. elmaruk

elmaruk slannndaaaaaaar

I'm likin where its goin at the moment tbh mate, keep at it.

5. elmaruk

elmaruk slannndaaaaaaar

not totally keen on the wobbley saw you bring in but it's your remix so sup to you

6. HyperonDnb

HyperonDnb Member

its sounding nice man keep it up!

7. Oria

Oria Member

Nautilus, only you can decide if its worth going ahead with it, bring something you are happy with to the table and ask for some feedback.

8. Nautilus

Nautilus Member

thanks for responding. Although I am sure EVERYONE is about fed up with hearing painted sky remixes, I'll try and finish out something worthy of listening to for learning purposes (specifically wobbles and drops....something I know im terrible at). I've been struggling to understand how people make their tracks sound so crisp and clear. Is it done just through eq? or is there some other secret?

9. prettyherb

prettyherb O I

I would certainly work further on this one, its sounding well. I like that wobble bass, but maybe make it sounding a bit more liquid, dreamy. And level the bass- drums a bit. I think the drums are a bit too silent. But you're on a good way, il would certainly not give up on this one!

10. Beatific

Beatific New Member

Nice work, keep at this one! Really like the use of the keys to build the drop. and personally i think the drum work was done pretty well, maybe a bit more behind the kick though cause it seems to get lost a bit once all the sounds come in (though I am just listening through some headphones right now).

11. Nautilus

Nautilus Member

heres a little update, i've unfortunately had much less time than anticipated, so this is about an additional hour/hour and a half of work. Academics put a major damper on everything.

and, i need to find a way to make the bass less annoying, more interesting.

please listen to the end part, I'm considering cutting out the entire first portion and working off that, as it sounds much more satisfying.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2011
  12. Nautilus

Nautilus Member

Updated with a new new sound, listen to it in the original post.

13. Scatcat

Scatcat It don't mean shit

still a bit too overcrowded. Kick is nice, might bring it down slightly, need more on the snare & percs. Bass is too loud. What have you sidechained?

14. Nautilus

Nautilus Member

Got it. With only a pair of 205's on my dome, and the inability to play loudly on my speakers while at college, a proper EQ will probably happen after the contest comes to a close. Although I will take any critiquing, I am somewhat limited in what I can do for EQ and leveling because of what I currently own. Hopefully when I buy a proper set of speakers, I will be able to make everything sound much more professional and clear, as I know I am seriously lacking in that area.
    So, mostly...how is the composition? are people digging it or is it meh. I personally like how it has turned out so far, but feel free to rain on my parade, its only going to help me in the future!