Seb J - Placid Pulses

SebJ

(Updated track!)

Hey guys,

Complete noob here attempting to make some DnB, been mixing for ages, thought I'd give producing a try!
Just kinda finished (to a point I'm happy with) my first track, thought I'd try n get some feedback on it!

Check it:

Thanks v much for listening!

Seb J.

Last edited:
That synth sound is horrible, sounds like donald duck choking on a cock!

You got nice pad sounds, and atmospherics, but the synths and basses need alot of work. Considering it's your first track though, you got alot of good ideas, and as time goes by you will learn how to harness those ideas.

its like you tried to put all kinda synths into one tune.. You gotta kinda decide on what style your aiming to produce and then make it original with all the right sounds.

Sounds like you like the pads and the bass, they fit ok together. Strip everything else out and then work out which synths would fit best for that kinda tune. Gradually build, but dont go ott.

@Fletch. Ur just jealous u cant make a donald duck sound. hahahah

That synth sound is horrible, sounds like donald duck choking on a cock!

You got nice pad sounds, and atmospherics, but the synths and basses need alot of work. Considering it's your first track though, you got alot of good ideas, and as time goes by you will learn how to harness those ideas.

LOL. I know what u mean about donald duck. haha.

Thanks for the feedback, I'll go back n give the synths n basses some work!

Last edited:
its like you tried to put all kinda synths into one tune.. You gotta kinda decide on what style your aiming to produce and then make it original with all the right sounds.

Sounds like you like the pads and the bass, they fit ok together. Strip everything else out and then work out which synths would fit best for that kinda tune. Gradually build, but dont go ott.

@Fletch. Ur just jealous u cant make a donald duck sound. hahahah

I know what ya mean about all kinda synths/styles in there... I guess theres just a bit too much there together.
I'll have a go tonight on stripping it back, thanks for the feed back! :)

You got nice pad sounds, and atmospherics, but the synths and basses need alot of work

any tips on what to do with the basses n synths?

just having a play around at the moment... donald duck has choked on that cock, dead duck, he's gone... sounds much better without!

Bump, just cos I took these guys advice, and just played around with the track some more, think it sounds much better now! (See track in top post)

Thanks for any comments/criticism!!!

Back
Top Bottom