Searching Technics 1200/1210's and a decent mixer!

I agree with what everyone is saying. Problem is, im 15, I have the money for technics but my parents think its too much for me to be paying since im only just starting out, then ive got a mixer and some vinyls so its gonna cost me allloooot! Also I am listening but unless I can find some for a sick price then i cant get them. It's not im being ignorant.

Not being funny but are ur mum and dad dj's!?

Well, I don't see why anyone would invest hundreds of pounds in decks these days. It doesn't make sense. It's virtually obsolete technology.

I know people of my generation love vinyl and have an emotional attachment with it. I had a pair of Technics back in the day but now I have a Kontrol S4 and it can do so much more than vinyl. It's also substantially cheaper buying MP3's than it is vinyl, not to mention all the other numerous benefits of going digital (storage space, ease of use, sound quality etc etc).

You can get a Kontrol S2 for about £350. Get one of those.

Because people can still use the turntables for a DVS?

I agree with what everyone is saying. Problem is, im 15, I have the money for technics but my parents think its too much for me to be paying since im only just starting out, then ive got a mixer and some vinyls so its gonna cost me allloooot! Also I am listening but unless I can find some for a sick price then i cant get them. It's not im being ignorant.

explain to your parents that there's no point buying twice, you may aswell buy something that will last, and only go up in resale value...as long as you take care of them.

Honestly, IMO, I'd keep searching for Technics. Sure you can pick up those Stanton's, but chances are the moment you perform on a pair of Technics you will never look at your Stanton's the same again. To paraphrase Jay-Z, "It's hard to go back to hamburger helper when you're use to filet mignon."

To add, yes it may be cheaper to skip the Technics and go the all digital route. However, it will greatly enhance your skills (and appreciation) for DJing if you go the route that many have done in past by learning on Technics turntables. You can always sub in a DVS at one point or another. Just my .02.

Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom